A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

My guess is still a hen but she looks like a broad breasted hen to me because of how short and heavy her legs are. If I recall correctly broad breasted toms at that age would be significantly bigger than she is.
Well thank you, all of you for the help identify her, but her name is Buddy, and I won't change it now, she follows me all over the place. She's definitely very cool. :lau. :bow

I'm up for sending some birds his way as well, also not NPIP but I'm sure we can figure it out. When he's ready...

Being that he is in Texas, dunno if birds would be doable shipped in... *I think* Texas is super strict, from what I can remember...

Eggs should be doable though! :D

He had turkeys, heritage and BB; quail, ducks, and his chickens. So there is room to play with all that. I'm sure I could go find turkey eggs at the very least!

Hmmm... what kind of ducks? I have a LOT of Call ducks, lol... and a few pretty varieties of chickens too... :D ;)

Yup, I am approximately 1400 miles from him. I don't think I even dare trying to go anywhere in my old 1993 Dodge. (don't make fun, now)

Why would I make fun? Least yours is still running! :barnie

Being that he is in Texas, dunno if birds would be doable shipped in... *I think* Texas is super strict, from what I can remember...

Eggs should be doable though! :D

Hmmm... what kind of ducks? I have a LOT of Call ducks, lol... and a few pretty varieties of chickens too... :D ;)

Why would I make fun? Least yours is still running! :barnie
lol Raven. It's my only vehicle and there ARE some who make fun of it. It does run well and every "wannabe farmer" needs an old truck, right?

One day I may even find time to sand it down a bit and primer the rust spots. BUT, the inside is like new for such an oldie.

At least my turkeys don't peck it to death like they do my son's T-Bird. Lol

So my turkey poults are out in their pen and *fingers crossed* all do well. It's supposed to drop to 50 tonight (they've been fine with 64 inside at night with no heat) and so I put a 250watt heat bulb about 2-2.5 feet up making a nice toasty floor spot. The coop is all 4 solid walls with a wire door and I leaned a board against the bottom of the door on the outside to keep out low drafts. I'm assuming they'll be fine since they're over 5 weeks and have heat plus some dog kennels to cuddle in for body heat if they want.

Should add they have plenty of room to escape the heat easily if they want and about 8-12" of pine shavings.

lol Raven. It's my only vehicle and there ARE some who make fun of it. It does run well and every "wannabe farmer" needs an old truck, right?

One day I may even find time to sand it down a bit and primer the rust spots. BUT, the inside is like new for such an oldie.

At least my turkeys don't peck it to death like they do my son's T-Bird. Lol

Lol, to you too, Flashpoint! I would LOVE to have an old farm truck! :D
My minivan ain't a beauty contest winner either, but when you got critters, having a nice car just isn't practical in my book... maybe one day I will get it going again... either that or find me an old farm truck... ;)

Back
Top Bottom