A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Do you know what yours is a cross of?

Beautiful birds!

I have not checked the calculator for a while. I am going on the surprise me method..

Also on the surprise me method........I kept 3 young turkeys back, beautiful red bronze birds, they just shimmer in the sun. from the Waverly sale..

I was sure I had 2 hens and a Tom. Yesterday I looked at two of them and thought Hmmmmm the tails are getting long the snoods are looking kind of boyish and the Birds are huge... So being an astute Turkey person I said to myself,,,,, "(river water over an artificial wall) I have 2 toms, I should have taken one to Waverly,".

Then to console myself I said to myself " At least I have one hen"...

I them looked for the other hen, she was lying about 20 feet away in the sand playing with her snood that was hanging about a inch below her beak......

Some days life vacuums.

This is his daddy...

20170922_094917.jpg

I don't know why, but you just made me think of that song "Baby Got Back". :oops:

And I cannot lie!

:lau :lau

Beautiful, Ravenscroft.

He's so "stately" looking! (plus he has all his feathers - mine do not lol)

Thanks... daddy isn't mine... got 2 sons of his though... one went to new home, was supposed to be dinner as they already had 2 toms... they fell in love with him and the other 2 are dinner now, lol...

Brother looks crappy right now, his feathers were ragged so *Somebody* thought it was a good idea to give him a feather cut... :rolleyes:

@rjohns39 @duluthralphie @R2elk and anyone else who may have an opinion.

I picked up my non-gmo chicken feed today and had a chance to talk to Josh. Asked him about whether he was going to make any "all flock" feed and told him about not wanting to use his Turkey feed as a sole food choice as I am not interested in fattening up anyone. I've been mixing it with the 3 grain scratch to cut down the 24% protein to approx 14%.

He told me the best idea would be to buy his broiler feed @19% and cut it with a bag of 3 grain scratch, giving me a protein percentage of approx 15%.

Trying to figure which way to jump once winter gets here and they won't have much "free range" to forage on.

What do you guys think?

Back
Top Bottom