A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

We are gettin maybe three a week still. Hubby pouts when he doesn’t have any for his breaky of a mornin. Even though there are four dozen chicken eggs on the counter. Go figure.

But.... maybe silly question but here goes... hens stop layin in fall right?... so why is this fool cletis struttin his goods all.day.long at these ladies when they gonna give bubkus for eggs and nestin right now? I read the ladies can only keep the swimmers for a few weeks to make fertile eggs. So why do turkeys mate come fall? Or am i completely missin somethin here? :confused:

Oh! This week end is freezer camp for the bb whites we have.... hubby and i were talkin the other night bout them. And we sure are gonna miss these buggars! They are so stinkin funny. The bronze ladies and lil road runner and cletis will stay. But the hens arent nearly as humuros as the whities. I will miss when i am pettin a lady the whitie that always comes up behind me and starts natterin with my braid.... she has it swingin all over the place. Lol. But she doesnt want attention much just to play with the waist length braid of my hair. Silly bird. And them havin to drink out the water spigot anytime it is on. If not they follow you round and when you put the hose up are like hey i didnt get to play.

Snow! Wow! It's 90 here today...

X2! Except it was like 75° here but still! We're far from ready for snow!

On the egg front, the chickens haven't been giving me much of anything but I did get 1 turkey egg today!

I need to take some pictures of Princess tomorrow. That girl is NOTHING but pins all over! Poor girl!

We are gettin maybe three a week still. Hubby pouts when he doesn’t have any for his breaky of a mornin. Even though there are four dozen chicken eggs on the counter. Go figure.

But.... maybe silly question but here goes... hens stop layin in fall right?... so why is this fool cletis struttin his goods all.day.long at these ladies when they gonna give bubkus for eggs and nestin right now? I read the ladies can only keep the swimmers for a few weeks to make fertile eggs. So why do turkeys mate come fall? Or am i completely missin somethin here? :confused:

Mating doesn't have anything to do with when the girls are actually laying... it's hormone driven...

Besides, ain'tcha ever done the mamba just for fun? :D ;)

Mating doesn't have anything to do with when the girls are actually laying... it's hormone driven...

Besides, ain'tcha ever done the mamba just for fun? :D ;)

Hahahahaa. Absolutely not. Never. Neva evah evah....

I just thought since we have had him he hasnt done this ever. Yea he fusses and makes noise but not all this crazy. Lol. I guess we just figured he would be doin this come spring when the girls are actually givin fanny fruits on the daily so he could be tryin makin lossa lil cletises. Hahahhaha. Aybe he jus practicin for the big moment eh? Cause practice makes perfect... i been told... by hubby... who is always struttin his goods at me nowadays. :lau:lau:lau. Mebbe he LIES!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom