A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I saw a study how stacking them (second jar on lid of bottom jar) can compromise the seals and give "false seals" because it won't pop up if the seal breaks due to the jar acting as a paper weight.

So pretty much there's no winning.
You can stack the bookcases. None of mine have anything touching the tops of the lids as if it were a paperweight. However, I do stack cans in the pantry, but again there is nothing pressing down on them that would create that much psi on any lid.

I agree on not letting jars or cans getting too hot or cold! There were some cans accidentally left in a camper over winter. I would not sue them as I would be afraid they were compromised from the freezing and thawing.

F638A18E-3542-4A4C-BFFE-B890725698D8.jpeg Hey gang just a quick hello and say all is well with our little flock. Still confused about the tom/hen. Believe it’s a tom as you all agreed. Question though, would he have noticeable spurs and start of a beard by 5-6 mths? Still no gobble. He does have mock fights and runs rooster around. Fans his tail and jumps all funny at rooster. They don’t get violent but it has came close a time or two. Here’s the newest pic. He’s very tall, taller than the year and a half old hens. Has very long tail feathers that hang pointed to the ground mostly. Also almost a Mohawk of feathers down his back that stand up when he gets excited. He ACTS like a tom but don’t know he LOOKS like one. Wait some more I suppose. Thanks for any input you all have. Gonna go get a couple close ups and one with the girls to show his size already.

View attachment 1162790 Hey gang just a quick hello and say all is well with our little flock. Still confused about the tom/hen. Believe it’s a tom as you all agreed. Question though, would he have noticeable spurs and start of a beard by 5-6 mths? Still no gobble. He does have mock fights and runs rooster around. Fans his tail and jumps all funny at rooster. They don’t get violent but it has came close a time or two. Here’s the newest pic. He’s very tall, taller than the year and a half old hens. Has very long tail feathers that hang pointed to the ground mostly. Also almost a Mohawk of feathers down his back that stand up when he gets excited. He ACTS like a tom but don’t know he LOOKS like one. Wait some more I suppose. Thanks for any input you all have. Gonna go get a couple close ups and one with the girls to show his size already.
It fans its tail when it runs???

So it runs like a girl?

I saw a study how stacking them (second jar on lid of bottom jar) can compromise the seals and give "false seals" because it won't pop up if the seal breaks due to the jar acting as a paper weight.

So pretty much there's no winning.
That's why I put the jars in cases/boxes and stack the cases.

Back
Top Bottom