A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

You can't have my Cuddles! @AnneInTheBurbs has a daughter of Cuddles and Romeo and I believe that she's just as sweet :) I should send you a couple eggs lol
I have Cuddle's mom (or grandma). Anyway she is about 4 years old now and will come running when I call her (her name is "Momma Turkey" because she is the mother or grandmother of all my current flock). She loves to eat out of my hand and while she doesn't come for a hug, she allows me to pick her up and pet her. All the farm visitors are drawn to her, even over the toms and the peafowl next door, because she is so engaging. I think there is a genetic component to the extreme friendliness. Also, none of her sons has ever even approached a person aggressively. I have a 3 black mottled toms that roam around the farm like a teenage gang, but they are never aggressive.
She has even more white now, this pic is a year old.

Attachments

• Turkey04.JPG
    Turkey04.JPG
    731.9 KB · Views: 6
I have Cuddle's mom (or grandma). Anyway she is about 4 years old now and will come running when I call her (her name is "Momma Turkey" because she is the mother or grandmother of all my current flock). She loves to eat out of my hand and while she doesn't come for a hug, she allows me to pick her up and pet her. All the farm visitors are drawn to her, even over the toms and the peafowl next door, because she is so engaging. I think there is a genetic component to the extreme friendliness. Also, none of her sons has ever even approached a person aggressively. I have a 3 black mottled toms that roam around the farm like a teenage gang, but they are never aggressive.
She has even more white now, this pic is a year old.

It's definitely gotta be hereditary :) They really are the sweetest things! Momma turkey is gorgeous!

X2 I think my BR girl was one of the three oops babies.

I am so glad to see you agreed and are not that person known to argue over the proper from of a word. I could see her and her ilk getting bend out of shape over----- "bestest"----- some people just do not know all the forms and tenses of words...

Momma bird! Love it!! Sounds like that sweet temperament is hereditary. How interesting.

Aliciaplus3....love the baby!!!!

I am so glad to see you agreed and are not that person known to argue over the proper from of a word. I could see her and her ilk getting bend out of shape over----- "bestest"----- some people just do not know all the forms and tenses of words...
my family is known to use our own formations of words, not as bad as the redneck terms, but still not always recognized by most folks...... such as 'luper' a meal between noon and 5 that combines the 2 common meals into one large meal, simular to brunch.
So I'm my case 'bestest' is perfectly acceptable. Lol now getting auto correct on my phone to leave it alone, that's a whole different matter
Edited to fix puctuation

I am coming out of lurkerdom to :smack you for that one.

Back into the shadows before I get another infraction...

Back
Top Bottom