A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

He does have sweet eyes! Mine is standing here baying at me. Not sure what he wants. Wish he'd stop peeling the paint off the walls tho!!
For all his bad behavior. . he still got a new squeaky toy today when we went to the feed store.
200125_141301_COLLAGE-1.jpg
spoiled rotten brat.

woke up yesterday to 6 inches of heavy wet snow. It tore the plastic poultry netting covering my pens. Had no time to mess with since I had to spend all day clearing roads. Got it all pulled together and semi fixed with zip ties today. Will be changing it out to something a little sturdier. Turkeys never left the pens but they did enjoy perching on the cross supports.

Well Fred...I went out to put the girls to bed last night & Blossom was standing on her bbq grill. Iris & Marigold hopped down & headed for the coop. Daisy was already in the coop. But Blossom just stood there trilling. Spent a good 15 minutes petting & hugging her. After 2 days of sloppy cold weather I guess she just needed some extra attention. Earlier in the day Marigold let me pick her up & give her hugs. I'm used to Daisy being sweet & wanting attention and now these two have gotten to that point too. All three of these girls were older when I got them & have become fun pets & lappers! The one I raised Iris, is still a goofball! Its interesting that all the more mature girls, including Annie, have really bonded after not being raised particularly close to humans. Thats now four mature hens who, given the time, have become good pets. I think it says something for our turkey temperaments. And I enjoy the process.

Back
Top Bottom