A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I was thinking possum. We've trapped and killed numerous possums around here but they keep on coming. I guess it's time I fix that gap on the bottom of the door that broke off since they're going to start killing things :/
in the meantime leave them some food. I have some that are getting in the poultry yard at night tipping the almost empty feed bowls .. turkeys are roosting in the trees above... big havahart trap they can't trip, just got a medium and they haven't gone in it yet... did shoot a very small female that went through the 2x4 field fence, thin as a rail. I put red pepper in my feed to deter rodents, they are hungry enough to eat it anyway.

Ok....if gramps likes DQ, all the better. At least she's being appreciated!

Possum + coonhound = no more possum. Could be the way to get another dog!! We've got a little coonie group here....they are cool dogs.

Ha! If only! Right now, we are in no situation to add a dog to our family. As much as I miss having one around, we just can't right now. They do seem like very unique characters though!

in the meantime leave them some food. I have some that are getting in the poultry yard at night tipping the almost empty feed bowls .. turkeys are roosting in the trees above... big havahart trap they can't trip, just got a medium and they haven't gone in it yet... did shoot a very small female that went through the 2x4 field fence, thin as a rail. I put red pepper in my feed to deter rodents, they are hungry enough to eat it anyway.

I have a medium sized live trap that works great for possums. I've caught very small, young ones and very large ones in it. I just need to make sure it's baited and set in the evenings. That can tend to be tough whenever I'm at that point of exhaustion and sleep waking gathing up food dishes lol.

Speaking of exhaustion, I've been working on saddles in my spare time, whenever I can. I plan to work on them a lot tomorrow since I'm off. This year may be a struggle to keep up! Last year from January 1st through the end of February, I had sold 33 total. This year, I'm up to 59 as of today! It's crazy! So far this year, the most popular size is silkie bantam

Ok....if gramps likes DQ, all the better. At least she's being appreciated!

Possum + coonhound = no more possum. Could be the way to get another dog!! We've got a little coonie group here....they are cool dogs.
Bring your hound up here and let me see how he works for a few weeks..

I saw a coon cross the road on Friday....he was about 6 miles away.

Ralphie...like I said...da hund would LOVE your place! So many animals wandering around! He'd be out hunting all night then sleeping all day! Judy would like him. Hes a gentleman! Well...unless your a varmint!

59 saddles ALREADY!! You've doubled your business! I'm so excited for you. I know it's been hard work. To your credit....you've created a great product. I remember the design phase. You put a lot into them. Congrats!!!

Back
Top Bottom