A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Major breakthrough! I was sitting on the bench. Daisy on one side, Marigold on the other. One of the neighbors wandered in. Marigold was going to jump down but I put my hand on her back & she stayed. Neighbor sat down next to her & she let her pet her. That's major! Then my neighbor started feeling her & speculating how many people she could feed. Sigh.....

Glad you're feeling better and back.
I think I have seen your posts about Athena on FB... Bourbon right?

Yes she sleeps with me, either wearing a custom built diaper that my wife makes it she sleeps on a puppy training pad. She refuses to sleep in my nightstand like Mars used to, but even Mars had her special pad for the mess. Neptune was the first to sleep in my armpit at night and he wouldn't take no for an answer either. I miss that goofy bird. My wife misses him but is glad he's gone at the same time. He wouldn't let her touch me for any reason

Rained most of the day yesterday. Same for today. Did take Daisy for a quick stroll during a break in the rain. Blossom actually followed us half way down the driveway. The others stood at the gate. Slowly they are getting comfortable coming down the drive. Neighbors are used to seeing Daisy....they'll freak when they see the rest of the flock. Got a dozen eggs ready for my baker friend. She's thrilled...especially with wedding season approaching. I got eggs all over the place. She couldn't be happier.

Yes she sleeps with me, either wearing a custom built diaper that my wife makes it she sleeps on a puppy training pad. She refuses to sleep in my nightstand like Mars used to, but even Mars had her special pad for the mess. Neptune was the first to sleep in my armpit at night and he wouldn't take no for an answer either. I miss that goofy bird. My wife misses him but is glad he's gone at the same time. He wouldn't let her touch me for any reason
They can be such sweethearts. Neptune sounds like an overzealous protector :D I can see why the wife has mixed feelings

20200222_155158.jpg
ok is this a barred chocolate? Or something else. Or to young to tell?
Tried to introduce some of the 6ish week birds into the growout pen. Yeah bubbles did Not like the chicken friends, fine with his current ones but not new ones. Stupid bird! So
20200222_165157.jpg
that new batch got their own space! Moved em into the shop, they get to be the first inhabitants of my rabbit hutch conversion project. They seem Very content. I even have a wood stove in the shop to take the edge off on a cold day!
20200216_085923.jpg
here is bubbles and his double trouble friend from a couple weeks ago.

View attachment 2034928
It looks Chocolate. Whether or not it is barred will be determined when it has its adult wing feathers. If it is barred, the flight feathers will have the same pattern as those on a Bronze turkey.
thank you! it has those little white markings whereas the chocolate ones do not so I was confused...

Back
Top Bottom