A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Well, I don't want to add to the concern, but talking to other BYCers, there appear to be a lot of states that don't test unless people are hospitalized. I don't want to talk politics here, but this seems to have heavy political undertones that I don't understand and really don't want to understand. I know our state has been expanding testing and forcing non-state labs to report demographics. So that's a good thing. But I have no idea who's funding the non-state labs and what their underlying goals might be. Sorry, I spent way too many years in DC and am forever jaded.

I have a feeling there is more politics involved than most people would be willing to believe.

Here in Mn we have a “shelter in place order”. Which while well intended is illegal under the state law the governor cited.

The Guvs order only allows essential employees to work, but once he has defined essential employees, 78% Of the people have to work????

He closed bars and food establishments, except take out and delivery, because we all know how hygiene conscious a pizza delivery guy is....no virus can be spread by them...

He exempted liquor stores because no germ could survive on the outside of a liquor bottle or be transmitted by the liquor store clerk...

And this is my favorite
All the twin city buses are shut down except for 40% that he thought we needed. Same thing on the North Star commuter rail...

So if the numbers are correct 78% of the normal passenger load will crowd into 40% of the mass transit system breathing recycled air and grabbing stainless steel rails where others touch and cough on and the Corona Virus lives for over a week unimpeded...

I wonder if he is working to spread or stop the spread...

The best part is he claims 80% of us will get the virus...that way when 50% of us get it, he can brag about what a great job he did to stop the spread.....

I do believe my turkeys are smarter than him.

That's the issue. Can't tell who may be infected. I'm still having a hard time getting my head around all of this.
Earlier today, it came out that someone in a local Food Lion got upset over "limits" and spat on the employee. So now they have sneeze guards up. Allegedly the person who was assaulted has not been tested, but another employee was. And, now there are "rumors" that a second "official" patient has been identified.

I'm just staying out of everyone's way as much as humanly possible. The kids have dropped off groceries and chicken feed without coming in. What else can you do as things currently stand?

Edited to add: I do NOT mind being a hermit. Suits me just fine - and as far as it goes, it not much different than what I normally do. My truck has sat here for over a month without being moved - several times. At least I know I still have gas!
:thumbsup

I have a feeling there is more politics involved than most people would be willing to believe.

Here in Mn we have a “shelter in place order”. Which while well intended is illegal under the state law the governor cited.

The Guvs order only allows essential employees to work, but once he has defined essential employees, 78% Of the people have to work????

He closed bars and food establishments, except take out and delivery, because we all know how hygiene conscious a pizza delivery guy is....no virus can be spread by them...

He exempted liquor stores because no germ could survive on the outside of a liquor bottle or be transmitted by the liquor store clerk...

And this is my favorite
All the twin city buses are shut down except for 40% that he thought we needed. Same thing on the North Star commuter rail...

So if the numbers are correct 78% of the normal passenger load will crowd into 40% of the mass transit system breathing recycled air and grabbing stainless steel rails where others touch and cough on and the Corona Virus lives for over a week unimpeded...

I wonder if he is working to spread or stop the spread...

The best part is he claims 80% of us will get the virus...that way when 50% of us get it, he can brag about what a great job he did to stop the spread.....

I do believe my turkeys are smarter than him.
Just like closing schools - but leaving daycares open. You gotta wonder.

Just like closing schools - but leaving daycares open. You gotta wonder.
The thought process behind day cares staying open was to ensure first responders had coverage. But here they've now closed all the daycare centers and are offering alternatives to first responders.
Have them delivered.. or do the pickup
X2 You can order online and have what's in stock delivered to your door. If you need something and can't get it, let me know. I may be able to provide it.

The thought process behind day cares staying open was to ensure first responders had coverage. But here they've now closed all the daycare centers and are offering alternatives to first responders.

X2 You can order online and have what's in stock delivered to your door. If you need something and can't get it, let me know. I may be able to provide it.
Yes! Please do that. It's not worth it, going in, especially when you don't have to. No fresh produce. They can drop it at your door. You put it someplace safe and leave it there three days. Then wash, wash, wash your hands, because this place would be so blue without our own Memphis, Tennessee. :hugs:hugs:hugs

As for us, we have enough food. If we need more, I have a knife and a water hose. The birds are all out eating stuff nobody else can see, and grass is peeking through all the dead stuff, so we are very blessed just to be where we are.

IMG_20200329_175420810.jpg

Here's a smile for you!

It's been really hard convincing dh mother to not go out. Just before this all went down she got diagnosed with leukemia. She has a hard time not getting her hair done or buying her own groceries. She's a very independent woman so relying on others to do these things makes her feel pretty helpless. And she's way too far away for us to go help her now that states are closing borders.

Holm called last night. I haven’t talked to him in a while so it was great to hear from him.

JJ Junior was a bad turkey yesterday and attackedHolm twice. Holm was a little worried when he reacted he had kicked Junior in the chest too hard, until he attacked the second time.

He says he doesn’t mind Junior being kind of a jerk because it keeps people from wanting to go into his bird pen and Junior only really attacks him. I have a feeling if Junior was dumb enough to attack his Grandpa it would be his last attack. He said Junior was good for quite awhile, but started again. I think it’s hormones as he just started getting turkey eggs. He has 4 now.

DQ is doing good. She still acts like she doesn’t want to be picked up, but when he does she will sit in his lap, lean into him and talk for hours. He said if you ignore her she finds away to get his attention so he will listen to her.

Memphis he sent a picture of her, I want you to see it.
0E2094FA-A7E0-4933-94AF-3BE5348FAA32.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom