A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

That's a good point Fred!

Took each hen & threw them out of the coop yesterday. Did not get too beat up. Cleaned out the nest. Went inside only to watch them march in a line right back into the nest area. Went out & had to toss them again. Iris & Marigold weren't happy. But it's hard to tell with Blossom. She just sits in my arms talking. I had to sit on the bench with her....needed hen hugs!

Had one of my co-workers on the phone yesterday. He asked what I'm doing to not get bored sitting at home. Told him I was catching up in my yard. Sort of hard to explain to non-Turkey folk that sitting on a bench talking to my turkey was the highlight of my day!

I released all of my breeding pens and let everyone back together. There's some mild squabbling amongst the roos but nothing too serious. The only eggs I'll be setting from here on out are turkey. My brooders are full and there's still a bunch of eggs in the bator so, yeah. That's enough until some start selling.

Cynthia is still broody in the chicken coop with the showgirl. She got very angry yesterday when one of the freshly released roos got too close to their nest. She went crazy on him and attacked him until he left the coop (the showgirl just ran away lol). Now that the silkies are loose, at least one has joined the broody pile with 2 more considering...

All these people stuck at home must be bored and online shopping....I sold 108 saddles this March! I really need to make time to sew or I'm going to get behind!

Nothing exciting here.

My days have not changed a lot, my evenings have. No meetings.

I decided to shut the doors a few minutes early last night. Most of the turkeys were grazing in the orchard, with a few roosters between the orchard and the shed.

I stopped at the entrance to the orchard and looked at the birds and thought this is going to be a pita to chase them in. Some were inside the orchard fence some outside. I figured no matter which ones I chase first the others will scramble away.

I looked at them and said, “ come on let’s go in, it’s bedtime”.

The RP tom looked at me gobbled puffed up and started my direction, grumbling the whole way. Instead of stopping near me to challenge me, which is his norm this time of year, he walked right into the shed with all the other turkeys following alongside or behind him. Easiest I ever put them away.

Of course two cockerels had to be arses at the last 5 Ft and decide they weren’t going in yet.

Nothing exciting here.

My days have not changed a lot, my evenings have. No meetings.

I decided to shut the doors a few minutes early last night. Most of the turkeys were grazing in the orchard, with a few roosters between the orchard and the shed.

I stopped at the entrance to the orchard and looked at the birds and thought this is going to be a pita to chase them in. Some were inside the orchard fence some outside. I figured no matter which ones I chase first the others will scramble away.

I looked at them and said, “ come on let’s go in, it’s bedtime”.

The RP tom looked at me gobbled puffed up and started my direction, grumbling the whole way. Instead of stopping near me to challenge me, which is his norm this time of year, he walked right into the shed with all the other turkeys following alongside or behind him. Easiest I ever put them away.

Of course two cockerels had to be arses at the last 5 Ft and decide they weren’t going in yet.
Ha your training paid off ..
Or you should have been asking nicely before.

Back
Top Bottom