A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Hi folks, how excited would you be to steel this girl's eggs? She's really a sweet girl most of the time....

Oh, and I'm glad to be posting because this thread should NEVER be on page three.
so I only once let a grouchy turkey like that set and I locked her in a Big dog crate... she Almost let me replace food and water everyday without loosing fingers... talk about hiss and strike. she was a great mama though!

Don't think my girls do much naturally! They are too spoiled. And are living the life of city girls!!

You guys see that nut case in Central Park who called the police on that poor guy watching birds? The guy asked her to put her dog on a leash & she got really crazy, quickly. That's one thing....but did you see what she was doing to that poor dog? She was stringing it up & pulling it off the ground. The dog was getting frantic. She was choking it. I'm surprised she didn't get bit. She needs to be prosecuted for cruelty to animals.

lets see... how does the saying go???? a Proven broody is worth its weight in gold but an unproven one will ruin a Lot of eggs.... ok its probably not a saying but still true. one of my idiots decided to decapitate her baby last night... chicken not turkey but still.... the other girl in a different coop is such a good mommy! Go figure????
I still have 8 or 9??? chicken hens sitting.... sigh its That time of year. now if they would just quit and lay some eggs I could fill all my egg orders.

Don't think my girls do much naturally! They are too spoiled. And are living the life of city girls!!

You guys see that nut case in Central Park who called the police on that poor guy watching birds? The guy asked her to put her dog on a leash & she got really crazy, quickly. That's one thing....but did you see what she was doing to that poor dog? She was stringing it up & pulling it off the ground. The dog was getting frantic. She was choking it. I'm surprised she didn't get bit. She needs to be prosecuted for cruelty to animals.
I heard they took the dog until this is sorted out

Alicia...you've got a broody coop for sure!

I'm out there grabbing eggs all the time. Mine understand "broody" is not part of the convent life. Poor girls!! Plus, they have very active social lifes... no time to be broody! Too much going on for a gang of nosey birds.

This evening we went for a stroll. They ate their fill of clover & other good stuff. My neighbor was out so I started heading toward her house. All four were following me down the sidewalk single file. Had several folks driving by, honking & giving us a thumbs up. It was about to rain so no one was walking. Neighbor & I stood chatting and dang if all four didn't surrounded us trying to be part of the conversation. Especially Blossom. Had to pick her up to shut her up. She had on shinny sandles & nail polish. That was a big draw. The girls kept playing with her feet. Luckily my neighbor is one patient turkey lover. Rain picked up....so off we marched to the coop. So tell me....what bird wants to sit on an egg when they can get out & enjoy weeds. shiny shoes and socializing with the neighbors? They are such gadflies!

Yeah, I saw that. 😡 Geez, talk about toxic femininity. 🙄 Reminds me of a song... 🎶

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom