A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Flash...once a turkey figures out a wading pool it's hard to keep them out of one. It's kind of funny to look out & see your birds all standing around soaking their big ole feet. The pools sure help when our heat index is 110. Daisy has been trying to sneak into the house. I finally let her into the kitchen for a few minutes. Only to find her standing the dogs water bowl. Gotta love a turkey
I'm glad to see Tommie Tucker take advantage of the wading pools since he's the heaviest one of all the turkeys. The heat hits him hard, but he does so love that pool! Our heat temps have been extremely high this year again with average temps of 95 and up to 106.

I am sure if I let Tommie inside, it would be the proverbial bull in a China shop - so it "ain't gonna happen". lol. Right now it's bad enough with 10 silkies and 3 turkey poults in brooders.
:oops:

tommie_wading_pool.jpg

He's beautiful Bantambird! Is he a nice guy? Good for Tommy using the pool! And Jess your birds may need one too! Hey....how is the new hob going??

This is the first time that I can honestly say that I love my job :) I do a lot of cleaning, picking up litter and painting. It's all outside and beautiful :) I'm still not a morning person so getting up early is still something I don't like but 5-5:30 is WAY better than the 2am I was getting up at for Walmart! Sometime between Halloween and Thanksgiving I'll get laid off for the winter.

Here's some pictures from work.

20200714_084228.jpg
20200716_140814.jpg
20200718_062225.jpg

Surprise! Baby raccoons got stuck in a trash can!

20200804_073308.jpg
20200807_083442.jpg

The old stables. We took the kids horseback riding here a few times when they were little. I was disappointed this morning to find out that the horses are gone and the trails are now snowmobile trails.

20200812_073814.jpg

Back
Top Bottom