A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Hello! I've got a small question that's had me curious for a while, but I didn't feel like it deserved a whole thread xD

I always see people who will like have free range or pasture turkeys with their coops basically just some raised up roosting bars with a roof on it? What about predators? Do things not attack turkeys? Or is things like an electric fence in their pasture that keeps predators away? How do those work? :0 are they more impractical? Does that design come with occasional losses?

Thanks for any insight!
Adult turkeys are not as susceptible to predators as are smaller birds. Hens on their hidden nests are susceptible to bigger predators. Mine have just abandoned their nests and flown to safety from smaller predators.

Haha, that one made me laugh! Mislabeled feed store chicks strike again.

Check these out, according to the feed store where I bought them they're white leghorn pullets:

img_20180727_194934392-jpg.1483891

Haha, that one made me laugh! Mislabeled feed store chicks strike again.

Check these out, according to the feed store where I bought them they're white leghorn pullets:

img_20180727_194934392-jpg.1483891
Bourbon Red poults

Someone posted about getting dux out of a chick bin at TSC this past spring.

It sprinkled again this morning without any measurable amount of precipitation. Total measurable rainfall since July 6, 2020 is 0.04". Total measurable rainfall since May 10, 2020 is 0.77".

We've been slammed the past week with torrential rains. It was much needed though as we hadn't had more than an insignificant drizzle for the most part of summer. Everything is greening up again but I think it's too late for a lot of the trees. We have a lot of brown, dead trees dropping leaves everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom