A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I have a LOT of geese... how do you handle the plucking, Bantam?
One handful at a time. Make sure your temperature is right on your scalding water, around 150°F. Plucking geese is a chore. My grandma used to make her own pillows and blankets! Roast your geese on a rack, save all the grease. It's really very versatile. You can make really soft biscuits with goose grease too, or fry veggies in it.

One handful at a time. Make sure your temperature is right on your scalding water, around 150°F. Plucking geese is a chore. My grandma used to make her own pillows and blankets! Roast your geese on a rack, save all the grease. It's really very versatile. You can make really soft biscuits with goose grease too, or fry veggies in it.
I ended up dry plucking geese as I did not find scalding to be effective. I never tried the wax method and cannot confirm whether or not it is effective.

Thanks! Have you ever used wax? Do you think it would work to scald, pluck most of the feathers/fluff, then wax? Or would the wax pull off skin at that point? 🤔

Back
Top Bottom