A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Why would that interest me? None of us are getting out of this life alive. I will continue to enjoy the foods that I love.

Personally, I do not now and never have had a problem with my cholesterol levels or with my blood pressure.

I also read recently where some idiot now claims that tomatoes are harmful to your health.

Worrying about what may or may not be harmful to your health is harmful to your health.

I couldn't find an appropriate smiley face. Oh well.
I think this might be the one... 😡 :lau
Or... :old

When I make gravy I brown the flour in the butter, then pour in the liquid all at once, stirring with the fork used in browning. It seems to work out pretty well. If I'm using corn starch, I don't add the cornstarch/water mix until the liquid is boiling, then in a thin stream whilst whisking. If none of this works out, there's always that stick blender... but it usually works okay.

So let me get this straight color makes no difference but skin doe?

Purple skin is bad?

I think if God put skin on something it is meant to be swallowed.

My list of great skin:
Chicken
Turkey
Bacon
Tators
Carrots
Smelt

Bullheads are an exception to this
It's all about the amount of skin really more than the color of it.
yeller or red taters tend to have thinner skins.
That thick brown idaho tater skin sticks in your throat. :sick

It's all about the amount of skin really more than the color of it.
yeller or red taters tend to have thinner skins.
That thick brown idaho tater skin sticks in your throat. :sick
Not a big fan of the big baking potatoes. They're too dry for my taste (and there's that thick skin...). I much prefer the smaller ones with thin, delicious skin. I eat the skin on sweet potatoes, too. So good!

I think this might be the one... 😡 :lau
Or... :old

When I make gravy I brown the flour in the butter, then pour in the liquid all at once, stirring with the fork used in browning. It seems to work out pretty well. If I'm using corn starch, I don't add the cornstarch/water mix until the liquid is boiling, then in a thin stream whilst whisking. If none of this works out, there's always that stick blender... but it usually works okay.
I have no trouble making smooth lump free gravy. I have trouble making lumpy gravy.

I do not make a roux nor do I brown the flour. I don't use butter in my gravies. I deglaze the pan with water and either add flour or a flour water mixture once the broth is boiling. Salt and pepper to taste. No whisk, no stick blender.

Not a big fan of the big baking potatoes. They're too dry for my taste (and there's that thick skin...). I much prefer the smaller ones with thin, delicious skin. I eat the skin on sweet potatoes, too. So good!
The bigger and the thicker the heavier the better!!

I just use more butter on the big ones to grease them up real good...

Nothing like a little lube for the heart valves

Last edited:
I have no trouble making smooth lump free gravy. I have trouble making lumpy gravy.

I do not make a roux nor do I brown the flour. I don't use butter in my gravies. I deglaze the pan with water and either add flour or a flour water mixture once the broth is boiling. Salt and pepper to taste. No whisk, no stick blender.

I finally know why I can’t make all the stuff in your cookbook, Your a magical elf that possesses magic cooking pans!!

:lau :lau :lau

Or it could be I don’t have the patience needed.

Have you tried adding flour before it's boiling?

Back
Top Bottom