A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Any idea about turkeys eating an rotten blue spruce stump? It occurred to me...Will they taste like spruce? No ants or larva I can see.
It blew down 15 or so years ago and has been rotting ever since. Begining of this winter they suddenly started eating it. It was about a foot tall and now it's inches deep hole in the ground.
Larva maybe?

I hear cambrian layer of pine trees is edible, so I wood assume, since rings are just old cambrian layers, the wood is edible too, if you could manage wood.
Not sure if I want to eat turkeys for Easter made of wood 😱

I may try to fence it off, I wonder how long they need to be off the wood before any potential taste is gone?

Although they add cellulose to food for fiber. Maybe I would have fiber rich turkey :yesss:

KIMG0321_01.JPG

Had some snow last night. They ate more, it's now 7 inches in the deepest spot in the center.

Those birds have a taste for pine bark. Would they have problems with pine shavings in their house?
Umm I haven't used that with these guys. I use dried grass and leaves...one year I did run out and bought shavings. Took $25 worth, for just one covering. I have made sure I haven't run out since lol

Back
Top Bottom