A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Well yesterday was supposed to be hatch day on the eggs my hen is sitting on, but I haven't even seen a pip. I'll give it a couple more days. Frustrated cause I have no idea how I'm gonna stop her being broody now. If I bar her from all the nest areas and destroy her nests she just lays wherever she can find a small indent in the ground with no eggs. Shes awful

I still have one picture of Elderberry on my phone.
F71ACB8F-AA19-4EFE-BDDF-7081F396CCB9.jpeg

Well yesterday was supposed to be hatch day on the eggs my hen is sitting on, but I haven't even seen a pip. I'll give it a couple more days. Frustrated cause I have no idea how I'm gonna stop her being broody now. If I bar her from all the nest areas and destroy her nests she just lays wherever she can find a small indent in the ground with no eggs. Shes awful
Hey.. I've been meaning to ask you if y'all still have those call ducks? 😄

Hey.. I've been meaning to ask you if y'all still have those call ducks? 😄
Oh hey! Sadly they both passed away :hitThe black one disappeared in broad daylight, I assume a big bird or something. The blue one we found one night dead under a bench- no idea what happened, but we were heartbroken. No more call ducks for us unless we get them a penned and roofed in area. :(

Oh hey! Sadly they both passed away :hitThe black one disappeared in broad daylight, I assume a big bird or something. The blue one we found one night dead under a bench- no idea what happened, but we were heartbroken. No more call ducks for us unless we get them a penned and roofed in area. :(
Daww. Sorry to hear that.
Yeah, they are kind of snack size for predators.
I thought of y'all yesterday because you were wanting a pastel Drake for the longest time and I never did hatch one.
A few weeks ago a lady came and got 3 pastels from me and they ALL ended up being drakes she said. 🤦

Removed 8 jakes I was going to use for breeding next year from flock to aggressive to other turkeys always looking to fight, not very good personalities. Half going in smoker in a few days and other half to freezer camp. Need to make room for new poults with promise for breeding with better attitudes. Reintroduced breeding toms from this year from breeding pens back into main open pen. Waited till dark to reintroduce so hopefully less fighting in morning, supposed to rain here in morning so that should help some to. But I'm sure its going to be noisy out there in morning for awhile.

Have to pick hens that I want for next year now because I have some of them in my grow out pen that I need for poults . Should be able to move some poults in next week or so. Breeding season over for me this year, but have a lot of hens with other ideas. Still trying to seduce the toms, A few would keep nesting till November if I let them. Still trying to break a few from being broody to they will sit on a rock just not willing to give up.

Back
Top Bottom