A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Ohh he's got painteds for 2022... god, if I hadn't had such a hard and heartbreaking time with getting poults to stay alive this year I'd buy some, but I don't know if I'm quite ready to go through that again lol. I've always wanted some of Porter's, maybe sometime in the future. Love the tiger blues, too.

Ohh he's got painteds for 2022... god, if I hadn't had such a hard and heartbreaking time with getting poults to stay alive this year I'd buy some, but I don't know if I'm quite ready to go through that again lol. I've always wanted some of Porter's, maybe sometime in the future. Love the tiger blues, too.
You may consider it fortunate that he has a 15 poult minimum.

Poults can be so delicate, it's a miracle when a whole shipped brood arrives unscathed. Sometimes, the US post office does their job and they don't die en route.

Poults can be so delicate, it's a miracle when a whole shipped brood arrives unscathed. Sometimes, the US post office does their job and they don't die en route.
The last ones I ordered, I received 17 for the 15 I ordered and I had 100% survival while still in my possession. Some I sold as poults, some I sold as sexed youngsters and the last two I sold as 2 year old hens.

I've never ordered through mail before, though I knew a lot of people did. All mine I hatched this year minus the sweetgrass, and 3 of them had seizures and died within hours of each other with no reason I could figure out and it was heartbreaking for me, lol. Then I had the trouble with the 2 of my older poults getting sick later that year and losing the one sweetgrass, so I'm a little emotionally exhausted. I think I'll eventually need a new tom since my boy is reaching 5, but I'm hoping it's not for awhile.

I have ordered all my poults from porters but was able to meet him at post office to pick up my orders from there, so they didn't have to be shipped. Luckily, I am only just over an hour from post office he ships from. Makes for an ideal situation for me and the poults they are home and in brooder within an hour from pickup. Being NPIP certified facility he doesn't allow anyone on his farms as to protect from disease / contamination to his flocks totally understandable he has way too much to loose. Mostly breed my own stock now but still will occasionally order new varieties and to refresh my breeding stock. Thinking about making an order for next spring would like to get some of his White Hollands the white birds make for an easier / cleaner looking dressed bird with no black / dark pigmented pin feathers. But I know if I do, I will order to many new varieties and I need more birds like a hole in my head, have so many different varieties now it's hard to keep up and keep separated during breeding season. But sometimes just can't resist :D

I have ordered all my poults from porters but was able to meet him at post office to pick up my orders from there, so they didn't have to be shipped. Luckily, I am only just over an hour from post office he ships from. Makes for an ideal situation for me and the poults they are home and in brooder within an hour from pickup. Being NPIP certified facility he doesn't allow anyone on his farms as to protect from disease / contamination to his flocks totally understandable he has way too much to loose. Mostly breed my own stock now but still will occasionally order new varieties and to refresh my breeding stock. Thinking about making an order for next spring would like to get some of his White Hollands the white birds make for an easier / cleaner looking dressed bird with no black / dark pigmented pin feathers. But I know if I do, I will order to many new varieties and I need more birds like a hole in my head, have so many different varieties now it's hard to keep up and keep separated during breeding season. But sometimes just can't resist :D
Addict

Back
Top Bottom