A close call!

Iowa Roo Mom

Resistance Is Futile
11 Years
Apr 30, 2009
Keokuk County
It all started this evening... I was on the patio after just taking my dog for a walk. Mom was outside sitting in the chair enjoying the evening, we just got her home from the hospital.
smile.png
Dad was around just inside the garage, trying to work the mower. All of a sudden I see a white streak heading RIGHT FOR US!
ep.gif
We rarley have any stray dogs (we have four acres), and when we do see a loose dog, it's usually the neighbor's rottweiler and he doesn't leave his yard. Well, today is different. Here comes this white bullet- and all I can think of is "GRAB THAT ROOSTER!"
yippiechickie.gif
Thank GOD he is such a love
love.gif
- he came right over and I snatched him up and headed for the garage, all the while SCREAMING at my dad to grab my dog. So dad grabs Diesel, I've got the rooster, and the white bullet is closing in. I get ahold of mom's arm with one hand, roo in the other, and we all rush into the garage. We close the door and leave mom, Diesel Dog, and Roo Chicken in the garage, and dad and I head out to see whats up. Turns out it is a white boxer that I've never seen before. Her owner (whom I've also never seen before) is right behing her, trying to catch her, but she thinks it's a game to run each time he gets close.
wee.gif
I got some hot dogs and water and we eventually caught her, and her and the owner drive off into the sunset. She was sweet, and probably would have never hurt my mom, but at the time we didn't know. The only reason we put Diesel away was to protect him from trying to defend his own territory. He's 100 pounds and could have held his own- but we didn't want him to attack the dog and get introuble. My roo, on the other hand, probably would have been toast! This is a HUGE wake-up call. I never used to put him in his run while we were inside (before I read about lickskillet's ordeal) and I have truley been lucky. Her story made me realize the importance of "locking him up"- even if it makes him a bit unhappy
sad.png
- and this incident really hit it home. Who knows what would have happened had we all been inside!
This could have turned into a tragedy, but I was so much luckier than jjthink and lickskillet- BTW ladies, I'm still shooting extra prayers your way!
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

I am so glad I learned my lesson THIS WAY instead of the HARD WAY.

thumbsup.gif

Edited for spelling, and it's still probably not right!

Last edited:
Scarrrry! Was your mind trying to go in a million different directions at once? Trying to think of getting everyone safe? Glad you think fast on your feet and and had time to run around and everyone is OK! Iowa Roo Mom !/ Dog 0
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom