A contest for the duds!

Pics
32 week to old blue Marans, finally laid her first egg yesterday. And another beauty today! Finally!!
WP_20171217_11_53_57_Pro.jpg

My patience is wearing thin so I will play along too. My first flock of 10 mixed breed hens are all healthy happy freeloaders and based on their appearance and behavior- I should have breakfast tomorrow.
1 BO 23 wks., 1 Black 1 Golden sexlink & 3 Ameraucana 22 wks., 2 RIR & 2 White Leghorns 21 wks. The ladies have been squatting and combs and wattles are red and growing rapidly. Some interest in the nest box as I have found it disturbed a few times in the past few weeks and did hear the egg song from 1 Ameraucana last week
:idunno

I have a Cuckoo Marans, got mid April, she was supposedly 4 weeks old at the time(I actually got 3 almost identical sisters) She's still freeloading:rolleyes:. Her sisters have been laying since mid Sept. Her comb has never turned deep red and and filled out, she has access to food and water. Not overly picked on although she is the bottom of the pecking order.(The girls all seem to get along fine for the most part). I'm starting to think I got a forever teenager chick.:barnie

Back
Top Bottom