A couple concerns...Help!

Hens rule

Songster
9 Years
Jan 28, 2015
US
Me of my hens named David (yes that's her name) was over near my dust bathing area all fluffed up. She got up when I came over and she is doing the impacted crop movements with her neck. I felt her crop and it's very full but I'm. It sure if it's impacted crop or not because a lot of my others fill their crops to much and do these head movements too. Im planning on getting up early tomorrow morning to check her crop to see if it emptied over night. What do you think? Also she can't walk to far with out sitting down to take a brake.

Concern 2: David also can't walk far with out sitting down to take a brake like I said before. Could this be egg bound problem or is this because of her weird feet...

What do you thinks wrong if any thing is?

She and her sister have weird feet like that but hers are the weirdest. I think that it's hard for her to walk far because of her feet but she's a great free ranger!:D

Chickens will stretch their necks and "yawn" as they adjust the food in their crops.

Was it empty this morning? :)

If she's been doing the start-stop thing for a while, I suspect no reason to be alarmed. Just keep an eye on her for going off food and water or becoming extremely lethargic.

MrsB

Thankyou! I didnt get a chance to check her crop this morning but when i got a chance to go out to check her crop is much less full with the food she had eaten today. I think her crop did empty over night.
yesss.gif

Good, good!

As for her feet, you might try adding some vitamins to her water... Sometimes, feet deformities and weakness in young chicks is caused by deficiencies. :) No idea if it will help, but it can't hurt!

MrsB

PS - I love that you named her David.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom