A couple questions about buttons

Peristeria

Songster
Jul 4, 2020
In April, we hatched some 'quarantine quail' (coturnix) and fell in love with them. Now, we want to hatch buttons (maybe in the spring), but had a few questions. I won't house them with the coturnix because I hear there's quite a size difference (unless that is okay). If there is anything special that I need to know about them before I order eggs, please let me know. (btw this is only an idea right now, I don't know if it will happen)

Now for the questions... Can they live outside in USDA zone 7? Do they eat the same stuff as the coturnix? Are there auto-sexing types and/or do yall know any breeders who sell like 5ish eggs?

Thanks!

Button quail are much smaller than coturnix and shouldn't be housed together. Coturnix quail are quite cold hardy, but buttons come from a tropical climate, so they aren't.

They eat the same food as coturnix, and many of them are feather sexable. I've found that they mature a bit slower than coturnix.

Button quail are much smaller than coturnix and shouldn't be housed together. Coturnix quail are quite cold hardy, but buttons come from a tropical climate, so they aren't.

They eat the same food as coturnix, and many of them are feather sexable. I've found that they mature a bit slower than coturnix.
That is their temperature range?

Back
Top Bottom