A day made of glass, new technology from Corning

Imagine the trouble well placed cat paws could do to that
lau.gif

It's cool until you think about it. We're already just about at media overload with the internet alone, in conjunction with those annoying i-whatsitdoodles that everyone else my age seems obsessed with. I, personally, would prefer to not be in constant contact with everyone - one reason that I refuse to get a Facebook, despite practically everyone else my age having one. I also do not give ANYONE my cell phone number unless it's absolutely necessary. The stuff in the video is almost dystopian to me.

I'm assuming that those perfect peppers were also genetically modified and soaked in pesticides before being shipped across the country.
roll.png

I'll take food grown and harvested by my own two hands, thank you, as well as some degree of PRIVACY. I'd also prefer that the inside of my future house not be shiny.
roll.png
I like good ol' fashioned wood and brick. I'm not anti-technology, but I can't stand this so-called "progress."

I think it looks pretty cool, and I like the idea of pieces of technology that interface with other technology by just touching the two together... but I also can see touchscreen countertops being really problematic. Especially in my messy house! lol I'll just go back to plotting my simple cob hut with its latex-concrete roof.
wink.png

I think its cool...but the GERMS from all that touching everything in public! UGH...

Interesting stuff. Quite a sterile kitchen...or should I say plain. Might sure isn't that clean and white,lol.

I don't like the stuff in the car. No one is just DRIVING anymore and that really upsets me,because it puts my family at risk.

I can see the new position for these public interfaces will be public cleaners. If the government pays them it will be a good paying job!

Ya know i got a touch screen PC and i had my doors open the other night and them bugs came in and started teaching me all the things my touch screen can do, so i could not imagine having anything like that at my place,.
crawlingbug.gif

Might be good for city folks.

I like the windows something like that would be lighter than the blackout lining for my curtains and the blackout blind I use now. Keeping daylight out when I am on night shift is a problem windows that go black would stop that.

Back
Top Bottom