A dog attacked my chicken and now she is trying to eat herself!

I have a hen that was attacked by a dog two days ago, at the moment she is doing fine and eating and drinking water but I feel that this situation could take a turn for the worst! She no longer has a tail and hair tail bone is showing a lot she has some loose pieces of flesh on her sides under her wings and she has made it purple from pecking at it... Please help if you have any advice this is my cousins chicken and we are both very close to her, I really want her to live
Poor thing. :( Can you post a few pics so Doc.0 @Isaac 0 can have a look and better be able to help you. :)

I might post a picture later today but right now my only device that takes pictures is dead, sorry. I really do want to take pictures but I am unable to at the moment.

No, we just got storebought silvesorb gel and we are putting it on the wound to eliminate and kill any infection.

I am not 100% positive that I will be posting pictures because I am busy this evening but I will truly try my best. And I am not sure how to tag them.

Hi from Germany
you can use Manuka Honey for the wound. And something like metacam against the pain. Please dont use peroxid. Antibiotica to make sure she wont get any other illness
sylvia

View attachment 2454677 16083228965042129393379.jpg Here is some pictures of her her behind looks much worse in person but that is the 1608323042696-1934452576.jpg best one I could get and she has plucked her leg raw. Sorry about the the wording position.

Back
Top Bottom