A "dumb" one.........

welcome-byc.gif
Chicken are bird brains lol

There always seems to be at least one in a flock.

Kazooie here fits the bill. When called back to the run for the evening she almost always misses the door then gets upset she can't walk in through the wire side (the door is wide open.) Same genius pushes all the bedding out of the nest box, 3 out of the last 4 eggs she laid had a crack at the top from being dropped on the wood bottom. Not the brightest, but shes a nice bird.

I am always amused when a not-so-bright chicken scampers past the run gate and then can't figure out how to get back into the run. Chances are, the return dash will take it past the opening at least one more time. Then I have to herd it in.

The only thing I have to add is, at least she sounds smarter than guineas (or my guineas anyway)
big_smile.png

Last edited:
My Lilith is a dumb one. Eats lots of non-edible things, including pop top tabs and broken glass. I try to keep an eye on her, but otherwise let her be her usual blonde self. She's almost three years old and nothing's killed her yet.

Some are pretty numb skulled, But wait til you get one that's got that bright eyed look. You'll start bragging about how cute and smart and funny she is -- "I've trained her to . . . " or "you won't believe that my little smartie figured out how to . . ."
Enjoy and
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom