A family in MY neighborhood made national news... for TERRORISM!

Quote:
That's a shame. It's disgusting that the politically correct insist that we respect cultures that espouse such nonsense.

There are plenty of cultures and people over here just like that, if you ever watched the news, although, most untold.

I just do not see any point in disrespecting someone because of their religion and differences. You do not need to partake in their religion, culture, or get to know them, but as human beings I think people deserve some respect. Not all people from a single culture are bad.

Of course, the people that you are refering to probably think the same about some of us.

We need to all be very aware of our surroundings, neighbors, and even sexual predators in our neighborhoods, property, and when going to malls or anywhere nowadays. I know you were shocked and it was a scary situation.

Quote:
That's a shame. It's disgusting that the politically correct insist that we respect cultures that espouse such nonsense.

There are plenty of cultures and people over here just like that, if you ever watched the news, although, most untold.

I just do not see any point in disrespecting someone because of their religion and differences. You do not need to partake in their religion, culture, or get to know them, but as human beings I think people deserve some respect. Not all people from a single culture are bad.

Of course, the people that you are refering to probably think the same about some of us.

Well said Blackbird. There are a lot of good people in their culture too. Just as there are a lot of good and bad in our culture. That being said, I'm happy that I live in the country I do.

Something similar happened where I live - a young Muslim convert from a respectable family (father was a doctor) with a history of heroin addiction was planning to blow up the town centre. He lived 4 houses away from someone I know, and they had to carry out a controlled explosion.

However, I will just note that it was the local Muslim community that tipped off the police, which lead to the investigation. I'd hate to see all Muslims tarred with the same brush - I have never personally known (or even met) a Muslim with extreme views.

Back
Top Bottom