• Total voters
Quote:
oohhhhh and green eyes?
droolin.gif

No I'm tired of green eyes.

Here's chapter one PART TWO!

PART TWO

Chapter One

Anne slowly fluttered her eyelashes open. She sighed and stretched; light flooded the room. She smiled smugly and laughed to herself. Ever since Jubilee had take over the barn chores she woke up happily every morning. She daintily jumped out of bed and got dressed. She fluttered down the stairs and into the kitchen. She started to make breakfast. Anne laughed as she thought of the first time she had attempted to make the morning meal. She smiled slightly as Jubilee burst through the door. “Well, dear… How did it go?”
“Pigs.” Jubilee gasped.
“Oh you poor thing…” Anne smiled fakly. Jubilee rolled her eyes.
“Hurry up though J, it’s almost time for school.” Anne called over her shoulder. Jubilee grimanced at the horrible nickname. She walked grimly up the stairs and to the bedroom that only held three of the four girls it used to. Mary had long since moved out and was now married to Mrs. Greenfeild’s oldest son who had taken over the store after his mother died. The couple now had one child of their own and looked after the youngest Greefield: Zaid. Jubilee sighed and put on a light blue dress. She looked in the mirror and pulled her hair into a tight bun. ‘I’m thirteen years old…’ she thought. ‘I can’t believe that in two years I might be married!’ she turned towards the door, ‘Anne’s lucky… she’s sixteen, the Marying age… though why anyone would want to Mary her is beyond me!’ she giggled slightly.
“JUBILEE!” came Anne’s highpitched voice, “YOU’LL BE LATE FOR SCHOOL!”
“COMING!” Jubilee yelled. She skidded down the stairs and out the door.

<><><>
<><>
<>

When they reached the schoolyeahrd Anne rushed in to prepare the room for her friend Cecily was the teacher and Anne the assistant. Anne looked around discusted at the mess of papers and pencils lying about. She started cleaning up when she heard the door creak slowly open. She whirled around and let fly a pad of paper. Whack! It slapped into the face of Zaid Greenfiled. “Zaid! What are you trying to do? SCARE ME TO DEATH!” Zaid backed instintivly away,
“Wow, wow, wow!” He took a step forward, “I heard you were cleaning the school and I came to help.”
“Well… Alright, but next time you want to help DON’T SCARE ME!” She turned hotily to her business. Zaid slowly, casiously started picking things up. When they were almost done Anne turned around and exclaimed joyfully, “CECILY!” She ran over and engulfed her friend in a bear-like hug. Anne suddenly straightened and turned to Zaid, “Zaid, this is Cecily.”
“I now…”
“Oh…” There was an akward pause and then,
“Anne dear you may call the children in now.”
“Oh-yes! Of course.” She reluctantly walked outside and told the children it was time to come in. As they all filled past Anne counted them. Jubilee brought up the rear and when she reached Anne she smiled,
“Anne I noticed that Zaid Greenfield came and helped you.”
“Oh Jubilee Faith King! You are one to jump to conclusions! Why-why… I would NEVER like Zaid! Why he has, dark brown hair… Blue eyes…” She paused dreamily. “Why I would never fall for him!” And with that, she shooved Jubilee into the schoolroom.

<><><>
<><>
<>

After school Anne helped Cecily clean up and they started to walk home when Cecily stated, “Well Anne King I’m very pleased with you!”
“And what does that mean, Cecily Hubert.”
“Well, Zaid Greenfield was in the same room with you for half an hour and you didn’t even bat an eyelash!” She giggled slightly.
“Oh Zaid makes me so mad!” Anne crossed her arms indignantly, “I still haven’t forgiven him for last summer.” Cecily grimaced at the thought of the last summer when Anne and her had barged been walking through a deserted area and stumbled upon Zaid and Isabel Johnston kissing behind a tree. Up until that moment Anne and him had been close friends. “And don’t you tell me you weren’t disappointed when you saw that!”
“Actually I wasn’t dear.” Cecily said in her grown-up voice, “I don’t like brown haired men.” Anne laughed out loud at this,
“And what then my fair friend are you attracted to?” She smiled knowing the answer.
“Oh well… Red hair… Green eyes, the works!” They both stated into a fit of giggles and could hardly control themselves when they went into the general store and in walked Peter Bronce with his red hair and blue eyes.
When they finished their errand they resumed talking. Every day they had something new to talk about:
“Did you hear the news?” Cecily asked.
“What news!” Anne asked, ready for a juicy story any day.
“Well, remember that one kid oh what was his name- um- Eden? Braden?”
“Aden!?”
“Yeah! Him! Well, it was said that he was on the morning train and got off here… In a suit and tie!”
“WHAT!” Anne whispered.
“That’s what I said when Isabel told me!”
“Oh… Isabel… told you?”
“Yes she did!” Unlike her friend Cecily never had a problem with anyone. Granite she would if another girl had kissed her man!
“Well,” Anne said changing the subject, “Were would he stay? I don’t know any house in town that would host him!”

<><><>
<><>
<>

“He’s staying here?” Anne asked her parents dumbfounded.
“Yes Anne, his mother was a good friend of mine before she passed away.” Her mother said sympathetically.
“But why does he have to stay… here? Why can’t we just pay for his room and board at a hotel?”
“Because Anne dear I promised his mother, God rest her soul, that if he ever turned around I would take care of him.” Anne’s mouth dropped open but she didn’t continue. ‘Oh great!’ she thought, ‘another boy around the house!’ she grudgingly stomped down the stairs and took her seat at the large dinner table. She didn’t smile through the whole meal.
After dinner was over their father stood up and started to say, “Now I have TWO surprises for you tonight-
“Oh yes that kid and then we’ll all be arrested!” Anne stated.
“Anne!” Her mother said crossly.
“What kid?” A now eleven-year old Tatiana asked.
“Well now you all remember Aden Farthington?” They nodded their heads but remained silent, “well, he’s going to stay with us,” before anyone could comment he continued, “And your cousin Margaret’s coming!” They were all about to explode when thy stopped. Margaret was coming? This was big news! Although born and raised in the country Margaret had moved to the city to go to school, a very daring thing to do. The thought of their crazy cousin visiting was sheer bliss.
“MARGARET’S COMING!” Tatiana finally exploded, “With all the people it will seem like home again!”
“All the people T?” Jubilee asked, “It’s only two.”
“Well yeah but Margaret counts as four!”

Chapter two Part Two

Chapter Two

Then next afternoon after school Anne raced home and up to her room. She frowned slightly, it was the same since the last time Margaret had been there. ‘Good old Mo’ she thougt, ‘she won’t even notice!’ she was snapped back to reality when she heard her father call, “Anne! Time to go to the train station!” She squealed and galloped down the stairs. Anne grabbed her new light pink coat off the wall and raced down to the buggy.

<><><>
<><>
<>

Anne stood on tip-toe as thy waited for the twelve o’clock train. “Oh where is it!? It’s never been late before!”
“Patience.’’ Jubilee said easily, though inside her heart was beating furiously.
“THERE IT IS!” Tatiana screeched. Anne gained her posture and quietly waited for the train to stop. Finally it came to a screeching halt and Anne couldn’t control herself. She burst forward and engulfed Margaret in a tight hug.
“Anne… Dear… Can’t… Breath!”
“Oh my goodness I’m so sorry!” Anne said as she let go.
“Why Anne King! You’ve grown nearly four feet since the last time I saw you! Why you’re all legs!” Anne smiled sheepishly at the comment. She looked at her cousin’s beige and brown dress (the newest fashion). She looked at her blonde hair neatly pulled back. Anne had always liked Margaret’s blonde hair; not because it was just blonde, but because it had natural streaks of honey-red, dirty-blonde, bleach-blonde and gold. Margaret’s green eyes danced.
“Margaret! It is so good to see you!” She was surprised to she Margaret frown and fold her arms.
“Anne King I shall never forgive you!”
“Why? What did I do?” Anne gasped.
“You called me Margaret.” Anne surpressed a smile at the comment. Margaret hated her name and perfered people to call her Mo; but to her best friends it was Agret.
“Alright… Agret!” Margaret smiled and then said in a whisper,
“You know at school a boy had the audacity to call me ‘blondie’!” Anne exploded into laughing. The duo was interrupted by John exclaiming,
“There’s Aden!” Thy two girls turned around and smiled. Anne instantly regretted being so forward. Aden was tall, yes! But he had blonde hair and blue eyes. Blue eyes were fine but, he had freckles.
“Anne, Do you remember Aden?” Her father gave her a look and she smiled warmly.
“Why of course! How could I forget!” She held out her hand and he shook it.
“Miss Anne and I don’t know your friend?”
“Oh! This is Margaret. She’s my cousin. Margaret, this is Aden.” Margaret smiled and they shook hands, “Aden you probably don’t remember my younger siblings, Jubilee and Tatiana.” Aden smiled and laughed,
“Last time I saw you two you were about this high!” He put his hand about three feet off the ground. The two little ones smiled.
“Well, what are we all standing here for? Get in the wagon and we’ll head home!” They all pilled up into the buggy and Anne and Margaret chatted all the way home…

<><><>
<><>
<>

Before they could stop the buggy, Anne and Margaret had jumped down and flew into the house, “Oh! Anne I love what you did to this room! The bed and dresser look wonderfull right there!” Anne laughed to herself.
“Here you can have Mary’s bed!” Anne pointed to the light orange bed in the corner.
“Oh how thoughtful! My favorite color!” Margaret threw her carpetbag on the bed. Anne smiled knowing that her cousin hated orange.
“We can change the bedding.”
“Thank you.” Margaret sighed in relief, “So, when will you show me around?”
“Any time you want!” Anne exclaimed.
“O.K. let’s go,”
“Now?”
“Yes now.” Margaret retorted.
“Alright, I have to get out of my good dress.”
“Same here.” They both took off their “good dresses” and put on their work clothes. Anne now had a bigger pair of overalls and a black and white shirt. Margaret had brought one of her older brother’s breeches and an old shirt. “Remember when we used to dress up as boys and go into the woods?” Margaret asked.
“Do I?” Anne laughed, “How could you forget! The time Isabel walked into us and thought we were boys! I didn’t know I was so ‘handsome!’” Anne quoted, they exploded into laughing.
“Hey! What you doin’ in there?” Jubilee yelled.
“We’ll be done in a minute!” The two girls surpressed smiles as they thrust the door open and walked past a flabbergasted Jubilee.
They quickly slipped out the back door and made a dash towards the woods. “We made it!” Anne gasped.
“You say that as if you doubted we would!” Margaret said breathlessly.
“Farthest thing from my mind!” Anne laughed, “If John had seen us, he’d never let us hear the end of it!”
“True…” Margaret looked around, she was about to say something when, “Did you hear that?”
“Hear what?”
“It sounded like footsteps…” They both looked over their shoulders and spotted John and Aden making their way through the woods.
“Quick! They haven’t seen us yet! Climb this tree!” The two girls scrambled up just in time. The two boys walked into the clearing then stopped.
“Wow!” Aden sighed, “It’s been a long time since I’ve been in these woods!”
“Really? When was the last time?” John asked.
“Well, last time I was here I was making moon-shine and- you know the rest-
“Yeah…” There was a short pause then,
“Hey John! Look there!” The two girls held their breath as the two boys looked up.
“Hey up there!” John yelled, “C’mon down! We don’t bite!”
“No way!” Margaret suddenly covered her mouth at her loud high voice.
“Agret! Anne!” John laughed, “Get down here right now!”
“Um… we’d rather not…”
“Nonsense! Come down!” The girls grimaced as they slowly made their way down. When they reached the ground the boys looked at them for a moment and then started hysterically laughing.
“It’s not funny!” Anne held her head high, she was answered by more laughing.
“You know Anne, it is pretty funny!” And then Margaret was laughing also. Soon Anne was laughing also and they all went back to the house pretty happy. When they entered the back door Jubilee turned around and raised an eyebrow, “Sorry sirs you have the wrong house.”
“Jubilee!” Anne exclaimed smugly.
“Hey, if you guys change we can have dinner… Ma’ said…” Jubilee continued. Anne rolled her eyes and dragged Margaret away from the table when she was halfway through biting a cupcake.
“Oh Jubilee makes me so mad!”
“Why?” Margaret asked innocently. Anne glared at her and slipped on a light yellow dress. “You always looked so good in pale colors…” Margaret sighed.
“I know.” Anne smiled, “you look nice in light shades of green.”
“I look good in any shades of green!” They started laughing. After they were finished they walked down the stairs to the kitchen.
“Sit down girls.” Anne’s mother stated. The two girls sat next to each other at the long, brown table. “I hope you like beef Aden.”
“Oh I love it!”
“Good ‘cause we’re not having that.” Anne’s mother laughed, “We’re having chicken-pot-pie.”
“Oh good I love that too.” He laughed.
“So, Aden… How ya been.” John asked.
“I’ve actually been doing very well. I went to school in Chicago and, decided not to go on to college but come back here.” He paused, “You now of anyone wanting to sell a plot of land?”
“Well now I do know of someone,” Anne’s father stated, “Do you remember a Mr. Bill Laden?”
“Oh yes… I do… Good o’ Bill… He had a son didn’t he?”
“Yes, Simon…” Anne said dreamily.
“And didn’t he have a couple sisters?”
“Sure did!” Tatiana said, “There was, Janie and Kate, and then Charlotte who’s my age.”
“Yeah I remember Simon… We had… good times you might say… Anyways, back to the land Mr. King.”
“Well he’s selling his forty acres for about one hundred and fifty I think.” Aden gagged,
“Anything a little… Cheaper?”
“I don’t think so son. Maybe you could work for him.”
“I’ll try…” They then finished dinner in peace…

<><><>
<><>
<>

After dinner Anne and Margaret jumped up from the table, “Can we ride horses?” Anne asked.
“Just be home by dark!” Her mother called. They girls galloped upstairs and put their clothes back on. They then walked out the back way towards the barn.
“Wow this barn hasn’t changed much since I left.” Margaret mussed.
“Nothing much has changed…”
“You’ve changed…”
“I have not!” Anne exclaimed.
“I mean you changed in a good way!” Margaret countered.
“How?”
“Well, you’ve grown taller! Remember when I was taller than you? And your brown eyes have gotten bigger! You’ve matured too!”
“Thank you…” They entered the stable and Anne pulled out her horse, Rosie. Margaret went over to the last stall and led out the black stallion, Nimrod. “You think you can ride, Nimrod?”
“I know I can!” Margaret and Anne saddled up and trotted out of the barn.
“Race ya’ to Miller’s Creek!” Anne yelled over her shoulder. The two horses shot forward and they galloped into the woods. Green and brown flew past along with pink and yellow flowers: the first sign of spring.
Anne saw the creek come into view and she urged her horse forward. Margaret noticed the increase in the space between them. “Margaret! Ya’ still there?”
“Don’t rub it in! I’m coming, I’m coming!” Anne reached the creek first followed by Margaret, a few seconds later.
“Out of practice?” Anne teased.
“Yeah, yeah what ever!” Margaret smiled, “Do you remember that one time in summer when we were little, and we had a picnic out here?”
“Oh ya’! Haha, you fell into the lake!”
“That was the summer I tried to forget.”
“Why? It was funny!” Anne giggled.
“You seem to forget that I didn’t know how to swim!” Margaret crossed her arms and Anne grimaced. Margaret looked out over the clear, blue water. The setting sun made dazzling reflections on the water.
“We should head back,” Anne said. They mounted their horses and galloped away.

Here's chapter three Part Two

Chapter Three

The next morning Anne awakened slowly. When she looked at the clock she jumped up and exclaimed loudly: “Wake up! We’ll be late!” Jubilee and Tatiana fell out of bed and ran down the stairs. They all ran and put n their boots and coats when all of the sudden Jubilee stopped, “Wait! Where’s Margaret!” They all stopped. Anne rushed up stairs and yelled,
“MO! WAKE UP!” Anne stood there with her mouth open, Margaret just rolled over slowly. Exasperated, Anne walked over and grabbed the mattress. She used all her might and flipped it upside-down.
“HEY! What’s the idea!” Margaret yawned.
“Get up! I have to help in the school! You’re coming with me!” She shuved Margaret into the closet. She emerged from the closet moments later wearing a dark red dress. “C’mon! Hurry!” Anne grabbed Margaret by the wrist and sprinted down the stairs. They ran outside and towards the school.

<><><>
<><>
<>

When they reached the school, Anne barged through the door. She stopped, the whole class turned around and looked at her, “Anne, I would enjoy it emensly if you did not come barging in when I am trying to teach-
“Well hello children!” Margaret yelled as she came up behind, “Are you all being good?” There was silence… “Well I never knew a child that didn’t like me.”
“Ha!” Jubilee yelled. Margaret rolled her eyes.
“Margaret! What are you doing here!” Cecily yelled, completely forgetting the children, “I haven’t seen you since the fourth grade! You’ve changed a lot!”
“Cecily dear!” Margaret ran over and the two girls hugged. Cecily suddenly straightened,
“Class, this is Miss Margaret Rose King.”
“Thank you Cecily… Boys and girls you may call me Mo, or Agret.” There were a few snickers from the older boys.
“Anne, Mo, I would like it if you helped me in class today.”
“Yes please!” Margaret and Anne said in unison.
“Today class we will be learning about grammar-
“Miss Cecily!”
“Uh yes Henry.” Cecily replied.
“I don’t wanna learn non grammar!”
“I do not want to learn grammar is the correct way and, yes, you will be learning grammar like everyone else!”
“Aw teacha’” Henry begged, “Have a heart!”
“I do have a heart and my heart tells me to teach you children to behave and to know things so you can make your way in the world! Why, the kids who didn’t go to school when they were little have had to slave to get to where they are today!” She waved a hand over the world map to add affect, “So! If any of you don’t want to learn, you can just leave!” There was a short pause and then three fourths of the school stood up about to walk out the door, “Just a minute! If you leave I’m out of a job. You just sit back in your chairs this instant!” The children reluctantly obeyed. “Now… we will begin our lesson!”
“Does this usually happen?” Margaret whispered to Anne.
“Usually… When I was little it was worse!” She whispered back laughing.

<><><>
<><>
<>

Cecily brushed a piece of stray red/blonde hair from her face, “Well, this has been an exciting day.”
“How do you do it?” Margaret asked.
“Do what?”
“Teach children! I couldn’t do it! Not at all! Trust me, I’ve had experience.” Margaret said wide-eyed.
“Really, have you taught before?” Cecily asked interested.
“Well, not in a class room, but I was helping my little brother Eli with some homework and I had NO patience!” Cecily smiled,
“I guess some people enjoy it, some do it for the challenge… Me, I do it because I want to educate these young men and woman to become the best person they can be. Someone who will love God and grow up to be a gentlemen or lady…”
“That was beautiful, you’re so good with words,” Anne breathed.
“Well with a reason like that I would teach too.” Margaret stated.
“Really!? You must come and help me then dear! How long are you staying-
“I would do it… If I had the patience!” They all three laughed.
“Cecily would your mother mind if you came to dinner at our house tonight?” Anne asked hopefully.
“Would yours mind?” Cecily laughed.
“Of course not! Come on!” They walked out the door and Cecily locked it. They started into the woods…
“Cecily, do you remember the time we got lost and then went into that house!”
“Do I?! How could I forget!”
“What is this?” Margaret asked.
“Well, when we were in about seventh grade, we went home during a storm and got lost. We thought we saw our house but it wasn’t… We were tied up by bandits who were, eventually going to kill us… There we were… sitting in the middle of the room… waiting…waiting…waiting-WHEN SUDDENLY! Out of no where, John barges in and saves the day!” Anne finished her story with a yell of joy.
“Wow! That must have been some adventure!” Margaret sighed, “We don’t get much adventure of any kind in the city…”
“You miss being here?” Anne asked.
“Greatly! But… I really want to finish school!”
“What do you think you’ll do?” Cecily asked.
“Well… I want to be… A writer…” Margaret said. Cecily and Anne looked at each other in amazement, a writer! Impossible!
“But, Mo’… Won’t that be a little… hard…” Anne asked.
“It might be… But I’ll write by a fake name and write stories better than any man could!”
“Well, once you’ve set your mind to it, I doubt there’s anyway to stop you…” Anne mussed.
“Thank you, I take that as a compliment.”

Here's chapter four Part two

Chapter Four

Margaret awoke to the cold hard feeling of the floor. She rolled sleepily over and noticed the bed towering over her, she sighed. “Anne wake up… Anne?” Margaret stood up and looked around, everyone was gone. ‘Hu… They probably already ate breakfast…’ She hastily threw on a robe and ran down the stairs: wham! She slammed into the wall a few feet from the kitchen door opening.
“Mo’! Is that you?” She heard Anne’s voice call.
“Yeah!” She said groggily. She walked in clutching her left eye.
“Margaret Lane King the Second! What happened?”
“I ran into a wall.”
“No really, what happened?” Anne asked.
“Really, I did!” Margaret said, “Cross my heart and hope to die!” She blushed as the full table turned and looked at her.
“Mo’ you got a black eye!” Tatiana laughed.
“I do!” Margaret exclaimed. She ran into the hall and looked in the mirror. The people at the table grimaced as they heard her yell in frustration. Margaret ran back in the kitchen and John couldn’t surpress a laugh,
“You’re gonna look mighty funny today at the B-BQ!”
“The what!” Margaret hissed.
“The B-BQ today… You didn’t know about it?”
“HOW COULD I KNOW ABOUT IT!? I just got here!” Margaret hollered.
“Mo, I can… try to help you…” Anne said.
“You better hurry Anne, we have to leave in an hour and a half.” Her mother said. The two girls rushed upstairs and Anne started taking over,
“Mo, look in that drawer and you’ll find a cover up.” Anne ran to the closet and looked through Margaret’s clothes that were hanging up. She pulled out a deep scarlet dress.
“Anne! No! It will pull it out more!” Margaret gasped touching her black and purple eye.
“But Mo! If you wear the yellow one it will practically POP out!” Margaret glared at her for a minute and then finally gave in.
“This better work…” She hissed.
“I’m gonna be down stairs…” Anne flew out of the room. Margaret sneered and slipped on the dress. She was right it made the color look darker. She sighed and did her hair up in a mid bun.
When Margaret walked down the stairs she nearly fell into Aden, “Oh I’m sorry!” She gasped.
“It’s alright…” He smiled, “You’re Margaret, right?”
“Yes but you can call me Mo, or Agret.”
“Alright… Mo”
“Say, you were talking about buying some land?” Margaret asked.
“Oh ya, I always wanted to settle down here, I love this land…”
“Hmmmmmmmm… I used to live here… Then my father got another job and, we moved to the city.”
“Oh ya?” He laughed. Anne walked around the corner and announced,
“It is time to leave!”
“Coming!” Aden and Margaret said in unison.

<><><>
<><>
<>

“I will not get out of the wagon!” Margaret exclaimed as Anne tried to pull her stubborn cousin out into the open, “I won’t, I won’t, I won’t!”
“Margaret!” Anne yelled.
“Anne, if you stop pulling me I will come out…” Margaret bargained.
“Alright.” Anne let go and Margaret dived onto a seat and wouldn’t let go.
“I had my fingers crossed.”
“Mo!” Anne said in desperation, “It won’t be any fun without you!” Margaret thought for a moment then said,
“I can see that this party will not a success without me so… I will go.” She hopped out of the buggy and they paraded over to where the family was sitting. Margaret ignored the stares and pointing fingers.
“Cecily!” Anne yelled as she grabbed Margaret’s hand and dragged her towards her friend.
“Anne you look splendid- what happened to you?”
“Thanks a lot!” Margaret crossed her arms then smiled, “Ha! You think this is bad you shoulda’ seen the wall!” They burst out laughing.
“Well I think it looks splendid!” Cecily joked, “Come on! Let’s go get something to eat and drink, I’m starving!” The three girls walked nicely over to a long, brown table strewn with meat and salad, potatoes and beans, and best of all every kind of pie you could think of!
“Ooooooh, apple pie!” Margaret sighed,
“Let’s eat something first girl.” Cecily laughed. She steered Margaret over to the meat and beans and got her a plate.
“Thank you Cecily.” Margaret smiled, “Where do you think we should sit?”
“Well…” Anne thought, “How about over there?” She pointed to a lovely green area surrounded by weeping willows and soft grass. They walked over and sat down.
“This is lovely,” Margaret breathed.
“Oh look!” Anne whispered, “Simon Laden…” Her and Cecily breathed a long sigh. Simon Laden was son to the wealthy landowner, Bill Laden. He had charcoal balk hair and piercing blue eyes.
“Hu!” Cecily gasped, “He looked at us.” She fell backwards in a pretend swoon.
“What’s the bug deal?” Margaret asked somewhat confused.
“Don’t you have eyes?” Anne exploded.
“Of course I do. How else do you think I noticed that you two are being unnecessarily silly!” Margaret countered.
“Oh!” Anne said in frustration, she paused and then looked at Margaret, “I dare you to go over there and talk to him.”
“Why?” She asked.
“Well since you obviously have no feeling for him you can easily go and talk to him.”
“But Anne! That wouldn’t be proper, I have to be introduced!” Margaret said trying to find a way out of her predicament.
“No you don’t! No one does that anymore!” Anne explained, “Now go!” She gave Margaret’s shoulder a shove. She stood up angrily and marched over to Simon. She looked back over her shoulder at Cecily and Anne to see if they wanted her to come back, they didn’t. She walked up behind Simon and tapped his shoulder lightly. He turned around and smiled,
“Hello, my name is Margaret King, um-Anne King is my cousin, she said that um-er- you-um just recently came back from Law School. Um- by brother wants to go to law school and-um-I was wondering which one you went to?” Margaret smiled, ‘what a lame reason to talk’ she thought. Margaret was very surprised when Simon launched into a full speech about his school, friends, and about everything you could think of.
“So!” Margaret said finally getting a word in edge wise, “Do you have any family?”
“Why yes I do, I have three sisters, Janie, Kate and Charlotte.”
“Oh really?” Margaret smiled,
“Ya… You got any siblings?” he asked.
“Yes I have two brothers. Eli is eighteen and Blake is thirteen.”
“Ahhhh, to have brothers.” He laughed,
“Mo’?” Margaret heard Anne say behind her, “Um-er, Cecily and I were wondering where you went… Um- we were worried about you!” Margaret smiled at the fake excuse.
“Oh, I’m so sorry that I caused you any grief, I just got carried away.” She smiled, “I am so sorry Simon but, I must be going now.” Anne grabbed her arm and dragged her away.

Back
Top Bottom