• Yes totally!!!!!!!!

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Kinda...

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No... Not really...

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
thumbsup.gif

O.K. I changed the names! Lydia= Anne.... Ivory= Margaret... Melody= Jubilee.... Tirzah= Tatiana... Gabriel= John.... and i think that's it
big_smile.png

Chapter Nine

When Lydia awoke the next morning her head throbbed and her eyes ached from being awake all night crying. She slowly sat up and stretched. Looking around she realized she had never gone up-stairs to sleep but had stayed down and rested on the large couch. ‘I’ll never be able to speak with him again!’ she sighed, ‘or any boy for that matter…’
“Lydia! Are you awake!?” Ivory yelled from up stairs. Lydia sank down in her chair, expecting for everyone to wake up and find her down stairs; they didn’t. Ivory bounded down the stairs and jumped onto the sofa next to Lydia. “Your parents were called away earlier this morning so they aren’t home right now… Are you O.K.?”
“Yeah… I’m fine…” Lydia sighed and got up,
“Come on!” Ivory jumped up, “Let’s do something!”
“How can I do anything when the man of my dreams has gone astray for another lamb…” Lydia sank back down on the couch.
“No, we are doing something…” She paused, “We’ll go to town! That’s it! Take a nice walk!” Suddenly there was a knock on the door, “Go see who that is!” Ivory called as she fasted her bonnet on her head,
“Alright…” Lydia stood up and went to the door and opened it, “Hello- OH MY GOODNESS!” She slammed the door almost breaking the glass.
“Who was that!” Ivory came flying down the stairs.
“It was- it was… That- that… Double-crossing back stabber!”
“It was Zaid! Open the door!” She brushed past her obstinate cousin and flung the door open, “Zaid! Come in!” She grabbed his hand and practically yanked him inside.
“Oh no really, I wouldn’t want to impose,” Zaid stammered as he tried to catch Lydia’s eye.
“Nonsense! Come in!” Ivory pushed him onto a chair and ran into the kitchen, “I’m going to make us some tea! You two talk for a while!”
Lydia glared at Zaid.
“Lydia I would like to-
“I am not speaking to you Zaid Greenfield!” She crossed her arms and turned around.
“But Lydia-
“NO! I refuse to speak with you!” She sprinted up stairs and slammed the door. Zaid winced.
“Alright, here we go, a pot of hot tea- Lydia?” Ivory set down the tray and looked at Zaid. She put her hands on her hips, “What happened?”
“I tried to talk to her and she blew up! I think she locked herself in her room…”
“That door doesn’t have a lock on it but we’ll leave her in there for a while… Do you want some tea?”
“Sure… You know Ivory, what did she say to you about me?” There was a slight pause,
“She said you told her that you were in love with someone else…” To Ivory’s surprise he laughed.
“She told you that!?”
“Well… Yes,”
“Ha! But that’s- that’s… Why would she think that!?” Zaid exploded standing up.
“She said you told her that!”
“Well I must tell you that was the farthest thing from my mind…” He looked down at the ground and blushed, “I was actually going to ask for her hand in marrage…”
“Hu!” Ivory gasped and nearly fell over, “You were going to WHAT!?”
“I was going to-
“I heard you! Oh my goodness! I must go get her! Wait- no… That wouldn’t be right! You have to talk to her! Hold on! I’ll go get her!” Without waiting for a reply Ivory sprinted up the stairs and knocked wildly on Lydia’s door, “Lydia! Zaid wants to speak with you!”
“Tell him to go away!” Lydia yelled form within.
“No! It’s very important!” Ivory yelled in desperation. There was a long pause.
“Tell him to come to me…”
“Alright I will!” She flew down the stairs and grabbed Zaid. He ran up to the door and stopped, he knocked.
“Come in…” Lydia yelled.
“Well, here goes.” He disappeared into the room. Crash! Ivory heard the sound of breaking glass.
“Zaid!” She yelled. Ivory watched as he came out of the room with shards of glass in his hair, “What happened!?”
“I came in and she threw a vase at me.” He grimaced, Ivory gasped,
“Lydia, that is unacceptable behavior!” Ivory put her hands on her hips, there was no answer, “Lydia!”
Still no answer,
“Lydia King you come out this instant!”
Silence. Ivory fumed.
“It’s alright… I can come back another day,” Zaid walked down the stairs and opened the door, “I’ll be seeing you…” He turned his back and then he was gone. Ivory sighed and knocked lightly on the bedroom door.
“Lydia?” There was no answer she slowly pushed the door open and gasped. Lydia, was no were to be found!

<><><>
<><>
<>

Zaid pushed his way through foliage and stomped over low hills. His heart beat in his chest like a drum and his head ached. He came upon a steep incline in the path and he climbed up, and up till he felt he couldn’t climb any longer. He stopped for a brief moment and caught his breath. Finally he came to the top and slowed down. He found himself looking down at nothing. Nothing at all, no houses, no animals… It was just rolling fields and green mountains. He sighed and sat down on a low rock near the edge. Zaid hung his feet over the side of the hill. It wasn’t a sheer drop: it more a slow decrease down into a small creek. “What am I doing!?” He whispered to himself, the valley below seemed to echo his thoughts.
“Hello?”
“AH!”
“AH! Oh- Zaid! I did NOT mean to scare you!” Aden took a deep breath, “What are you doing out here?”
He sighed, “Nothing…” Aden sat down next to him,
“What’s on your mind?”
“N-nothing’s on my mind…” Zaid sighed.
“Zaid… You’re a horrible liar…” Aden smiled, Zaid laughed,
“Well see… There’s this girl- why am I telling you this?”
“Because I’m the only one who will listen,” Aden stated.
“Well there’s this girl- Lydia… Well I was going to ask to marry her but when I was asking she thought I was going to tell her that I loved another girl and now she won’t talk to me and the whole things a mess and I’m leaving soon for school and if I leave before talking to her she’ll never talk to me again!” He gasped for air.
Aden whistled, “That is a mess! Well, this is a very rare moment were I don’t have anything to tell you… You’re on your own.”
“Thanks for the advice,” Zaid said sarcastically.
“You’re welcome…” Aden and looked down at the creek.
“You know Aden… Maybe you could help-
“No way! I’m not getting in the middle of this.” He stood up, “I should be getting home and leave you to think,” he started to leave then turned around, “and Zaid… Good luck,”
“Thanks,” he laughed. Zaid turned back towards the majestic scenery and thought.

<><><>
<><>
<>

Ivory was starting to get frantic. How could Lydia have escaped out of the room without her knowing! She had been standing by the door through the whole conversation! There was no time Lydia could have slipped out of the house. Ivory checked under beds and in the closet, it was then she noticed the open window. She sighed and took a look. Outside the window on the small ledge was a piece of fabric snagged on a nail. ‘Oh that Lydia makes me so mad!’ Ivory thought, ‘She always acts so childish!’ She slammed the window shut and ran downstairs, ‘Maybe if I ride I can catch up to her!’ Ivory flew out of the house and into the barn. She quickly selected a brown mare and saddled the horse. She jumped on and they galloped out of the barn…

Back
Top Bottom