1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

A few issues with the website in Google Chrome

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Hholly, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Hholly

Hholly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2015
    Amo, IN
    Not sure if it's because of Chrome or not... Sometimes when I try to give an Ovation, nothing happens when I click the button even repeatedly. Other times I click the Ovation button on another post and it works.

Also, sometimes when replying on a thread, the Editor shows the Font and Style, Emojies, etc. options at the top. Other times there are no options at all, just a box to enter text. Not sure why.

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    There is a limit on the number of ovations you can give in a day. Maybe you hit your limit and that's why you can't give anymore.

As for the editor I'm not sure on that, it has happened to me before and I have generally just gone back and then restarted my reply after that's is been fine.

3. Hholly

Jul 3, 2015
    Amo, IN
    Ok thanks. Generally, the Ovation problem happens when I haven't even given any for a while. Don't think I went close to the limit. If I can get logged in in another browser I will try on the same posts I was unable to earlier.

4. casportpony

casportpony Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop

I've seen the same problems with chrome, explorer and on the iPad, but I cannot get it to fail on a regular basis, so I just refresh the screen until it's working again.

-Kathy

5. Hholly

Jul 3, 2015
    Amo, IN
    Ok, thanks. I will try the page refreshing thing.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  6. KCAmelia

KCAmelia Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2015
    I use google chrome and get chunks of other byc pages blocking the text on any page I try to use. :( They are stuck in place and I can't move them. Refreshing just moves them around on the page, mainly.

7. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Hey, thanks for the note!

Which version of Chrome are you using and on which operating system?

Can you post a screenshot?

Any other members experiencing this issue?

8. casportpony

casportpony Poop Inspector General Premium Member

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    This is happening to me, too, but I just thought it was a redraw bug of my graphics card. Pretty easy to repeat, so I'll get a screen shot the next time I'm on the desktop. I'll also reply with the version I'm using.

-Kathy

9. pfields

pfields Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes this has started happening to me, too. I use Google Chrome as my browser.

I have Windows 7 Ultimate and Google Chrome Version 47.0.2526.73 m.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  10. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Great feedback!

If y'all could post a screenshot or two and also best-guess when it started (like after an upgrade, or all of a sudden on x day at y time) that would help!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by