A few more can't hurt....

treslilbirds

Songster
Mar 13, 2017
North Mississippi
So back at the beginning of the month, my broody Cochin hatched some babies and I hatched some out of my incubator. She's taking care of 10 chicks that have grown about as big as she is lol! Well of course I set 6 more eggs that same week that are due to hatch any day now (locked them down last night). Oh and then I got an emergency text from a good friend going through a rough time and she needed me to come get her 4 hens today bc she couldn't take care of them.

Ok so a month ago I only had 2 roos and 8 hens. Now I have 2 roos, 12 hens, 10 chicks, and 6 eggs due to hatch any day. If my chicken math is correct, that's only like 6 chickens right?:idunno

RIGHT???

Hubby was saying last night that he can't wait for hatch day so that he can have his kitchen counter space back. Poor thing doesn't know I'm already planning a St. Patty's week hatch. :oops::jumpy:jumpy:jumpy

Might as well just call this JoJo's Forever Hatchalong Thread.:caf

That's 30 chickens if they all hatch! Good luck! Are you planning on keeping all of them, maybe you could adopt some out? Keep the updates coming! :frow

This is my favorite go to meme when people start questioning my chicken math. lol!

It Could Be Drugs.jpg

Yes, I have 19 birds, and plan on adding another 11 or so, prolly more, I have eggs getting ready to go in tomorrow, more coming in the mail this week. I am going to keep some rare ones, and hatching out some LO. Hatchery wanted to charge 23 dollars+ for a LO hen, but the eggs only cost 2.17. So I am setting them of course. I also have some blue Marans I want and blue isbars. Ha, ha yes I like that color. DH says he just wants me to be happy. :D I will take that!

That's 30 chickens if they all hatch! Good luck! Are you planning on keeping all of them, maybe you could adopt some out? Keep the updates coming! :frow
I'll probably keep my favorites and sell the rest. We free range and loose some but it's nice to have a constant supply. Spring time is coming so hopefully I can make some money on some pullets and get a pure breed pen started.....that's the plan at least. 😁

Back
Top Bottom