a few pics of the babies in their new digs

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ebonykawai, Apr 4, 2008.

1. ebonykawai

ebonykawai Chillin' With My Peeps

The peeps turned a week old yesterday and I moved them to a 3 ft. round pool. They are loving it! [​IMG]

My dog Gypsy is a broody in disguise. If she would sit on eggs, I'd be all set, lol. She guards those little guys like you wouldn't believe. If the cat so much as even looks at the room, she's on it. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They love the roosts. And digging. And digging...
    [​IMG]

Something incredibly important was going on here but I have no clue what it was.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    They sure look happy! Thanks for sharing!

3. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    in that last pic they were planning thier escape - they are going to each take turns pecking at that one spot till FREEDOM

julie

4. Texas Fluffy Feet

Texas Fluffy Feet Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2008
    Arlington, TX
    Awww what cuties! I think the kiddie pool for a brooder is the most clever idea. Plenty of room and easy to do!

Your Gypsy looks a little like my Chewy. He is a rat terrier and beagle mix- more beagle IMO. He loves to watch the chickies too, in fact he smiles when he sees them playing. He's such a mother hen, if someone squawks in the brooder he runs over to investigate. Here is a pic of him watching the chicks in their outside baby playpen:

[​IMG]

5. ebonykawai

ebonykawai Chillin' With My Peeps

He's so cute!!! Yep, Gypsy is a rat terrier, too. For being famous as ratters, it's amazing what good adoptive parents they make. Gypsy is also infatuated with my daughter's hamster. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by