a few weeks on sex and breed

tasha82

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 17, 2011
leeds
hi i posted a few weeks ago when i first got my chickens,and got mixed reviews so gonna post again see what everyone thinks.
1st chicken zeebs we were told shes a he cos of the colouring and think he defo is a he as he tried mounting my female bluebelle,but my oh wants me to double check whjat everyone thinks so here goes
100254_dsc00325.jpg

2nd one our sussex star this one has been checked a couple of times by the farmer we got her off as were slightly worried about how her tail has gone,shes about 22weeks if not older,the other 2 we got at the same time as her have started laying a few weeks ago she still hasnt (shes got a couple of really long feathers on top of her tail)
100254_dsc00318.jpg

3rd chicken amy,were not sure what breed she ius,but been told shes definately a she
100254_dsc00322.jpg

100254_dsc00321.jpg

and the 4th one we dont know the breed,shell be about 17wks ish,we got mixed reviews last time as she has no saddle or hackle feather(still dont quite get them )so was told to keep on to her as many thought she is a fast maturing hen
heres cookie

100254_dsc00316.jpg

100254_dsc00314.jpg

Last edited:
this is cookie the number 4 chicken for some reason it wouldnt upload on the first bit,
100254_dsc00317.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
1?still ??whats that mean haah.xx

undecided:( sorry--The lighter coloring appears to be male but I just don't know with barred rocks:(

Quote:
1?still ??whats that mean haah.xx

undecided:( sorry--The lighter coloring appears to be male but I just don't know with barred rocks:(

oh right,i think its defo a he he got ontop of my female and but fell off ans kepot stamping n pecking her back, no5 is actually another pic of the 4th chicken,we were told she/he is a splash mran,i thought id put 3pics of her/himup as to give more ideas on how she looks,as shes/hes so prettyi dont want to have to swap her,xx

we were told zeebs is a dominique,but dont know,hes a funny chicken bless him.the colouring is what everyone went on to say male last time,think my oh wants himto be a girl haha,xx

Last edited:
Quote:
oh sorry-your right dominque...and i would say a he more than pullet:)

haha,i dont really have aclue,new to chickens so learning as i go,ive alkready swapped one male,looks like im going to have to swap zeebs to,one male i do have im keeping if hell be quite,as ive fallen to in love with him, im so hoping cookie is a girl,(shes/hes a replacement for one male i swapped)i look at her n think female but then i dont know,shes got a couple of wispy feathers on her tail now,but so has some of my other females,n not knowing what she is doesnt help.xx

Quote:
oh sorry-your right dominque...and i would say a he more than pullet:)

haha,i dont really have aclue,new to chickens so learning as i go,ive alkready swapped one male,looks like im going to have to swap zeebs to,one male i do have im keeping if hell be quite,as ive fallen to in love with him, im so hoping cookie is a girl,(shes/hes a replacement for one male i swapped)i look at her n think female but then i dont know,shes got a couple of wispy feathers on her tail now,but so has some of my other females,n not knowing what she is doesnt help.xx

cookie is a male:( saddle feathers are coming in

Back
Top Bottom