A Frame Pallet Wood Project

We're so overwhelmed with information right now. Considering splitting the flock. Some in a chicken tractor some in the run.
A run can serve as an extension to their coop if they have access to both 24/7. It must protect them as well as a coop if it serves as part of their coop.They'd still need a main run unless free ranged.

A run can serve as an extension to their coop if they have access to both 24/7. It must protect them as well as a coop if it serves as part of their coop.They'd still need a main run unless free ranged.
Thanks. I think we worked out a plan, it will just have to wait until next week to start as my husband's weekend is over.

Thanks. I think we worked out a plan, it will just have to wait until next week to start as my husband's weekend is over.
My coops just big enough for the 5-6 chickens I have but I can't add anymore unless I crowd them (or build a bigger coop) I've broke down and ordered chicks twice already this year but canceled them both times!) I wish you the best on all your chicken adventures!Love the bench !Edit: I'm converting my shed to a coop soon.:lau

;)

Last edited:

Or you can combine coop and run in one for an Open Air coop -- which is highly recommended in a hot climate.

Or you can combine coop and run in one for an Open Air coop -- which is highly recommended in a hot climate.
I don't want use that much pallet wood and we were going to go with the A Frame for the run. I am not comfortable enough with our current level of experience to build a 12 x 8 roof. We definitely will be building a hoop coop as soon as we can get a truck, so this is a temporary structure that will possibly turn into a tractor and a goat shelter. (Next year we hope to get a couple goats.)

We're making progress.

IMG_20220519_182612204_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom