A friend is bringing me a Magpie duckling *so excited!!!*

PlumTuckered

Crowing
15 Years
Jun 27, 2007
Arkansas
A friend of mine just called and asked if I want her Magpie duckling, of course I screamed YES PLEASE!!!
Her Hen hatched out 3 and 2 died the same day they hatched and she doesn't want this baby to be lonely. I plan to keep this lil one in the house with me for a few weeks then slowly move it into my duck pen with the others. My Husband is going to have a fit because he thinks my 7 ducks are 7 ducks too many LOL
I'll post pics as soon as the baby gets here :)

Michelle

DH will get over it
wink.png
he has to understand the 7 (soon to 8 too many) ducks make you happy and he doesnt want an unhappy DW.
wink.png

Congrats on the magpie, I have 5 and they are very pretty and funny ducks.

YAY! I love my magpie
love.gif

and 8 is definantly NOT ENOUGH! I have 23 adults, and by monday ill have over 50 ducklings.

I have 19 ducks of various ages. 1 - 1 yr old muscovy hen with 8 1.5 week old babies, 5 magpies and 2 buff orphs who are about 17 weeks, and 3 runners who are around 6 weeks old.
wink.png

Ducks are more addictive than chickens IMO. they are like...crack for lack of a better comparison! You go crazy addicted to them
wink.png
gig.gif

LOL I knew Ya'll would understand my joy :)
I wish I had 50 ducklings hatching...I"m jealous!!
I must agree, I find ducks more addictive than chickens, I love my chickens but they're just not as social and fun and funny. I sit for hours out with my ducks, never get tired of them.

Michelle

Quote:
and ducks are like 100 times cuter than chickens! which is why i can eat chicken but get really upset when people talk about eating ducks
hit.gif
i loves me some webbed footed friends
love.gif

LOL Lovesduckies, I'm the same way. All of my male inlaws are duck hunters and hunting guides and I'm always asking them to bring me some living ducks..that goes over really well ;-)

Remember my little Scovy duckling Scooter? Scooter is growing so fast, carunkling is starting to show and talk about a loving little thing! Every evening at 8:15 my ducks all go into their pen and into their houses and wait for me to come shut/lock the doors, well I decided I want Scooter to get used to me touching/handling him/her so I before I shut the duck house door I pick Scooter up and the little darling snuggles right up to me, no fussing, no calling for Mamma and most of the time Mamma duck just lays down and watches, now and then she'll come rest her head on my other shoulder and snuggle as well. Ducks are the BEST!!!

Michelle

yessss i was actually going to ask you about scooter!! really?? crauncling?? mine are still inside my room with me MAUAHAHAHAHAH LOL but yeah my scovy duckling is wayy more loveavle than those little bratty mallards i have. actually one tried to jump out of my hands and fell down the stairs... little brat! but anywho.. my mommy duck is on eggs. i think she might be broody now. she usually comes off the eggs when i go out to visit but she didn't today!!! (cuz she wants cat food) lol awee that's sooo cutee (muscovies are the best LOL) how is hubby getting along with the baby??

He really doesn't pay much attention to my ducks, unless the ducks poop on the porch (hubby gets upset over it but it's a concrete porch and takes me a few seconds to hose down so no biggy to me LOL). He did come out to the barnyard to see how big Scooter is getting and to see my Mallards fly but he's not hopelessly addicted to them like I am. Yup caruncling already, just a wee bit but it's there. I'm still hoping Scooter is a girl but I won't love him/her any less if he's a boy :)

My friend didn't make it over today so hopefully she brings the new Magpie baby tomorrow :)

Michelle

Back
Top Bottom