A happy hen with diarrhea

jen7

In the Brooder
Oct 13, 2022
Hi there,
I have a 6 month old hen (isa brown) who has had diarrhea now for 3-4 weeks. She is wormed and lice checked and I put acv in the drinking water. She's a happy hen that loves her food, still forages and drinks as normal. She lays almost every day so it's a real mystery to me! My other two hens are completely fine. What could be causing it 🤔

We're currently in Spring. It pretty much started the moment we got her home for the first time. At first I thought it was stress from the new surroundings and possibly something she was eating whilst foraging but my other two hens are completely fine. I had them wormed and lice checked and all good there. Like I said, she's happy and alert but still is plagued with the diarrhea. I've had to bath her twice to clean the rear. They have access to their food 24/7 and also access to grit and calcium. I feel like I'm missing something.

Actually I've never heard of that. I'm very new to keeping chickens. What exactly is it?

Her poop was initially foamy but now it's very dark and lumpy with lots of clear liquid.

Actually I've never heard of that. I'm very new to keeping chickens. What exactly is it?
Do you mean urates? They're the white stuff on their poop. Chickens don't urinate, so urates look white and gritty when concentrated in their feathers. It can be a sign of vent gleet.

Back
Top Bottom