a = araucana roo
b = white leghorn hen
c = crested cream legbar roo
d = rir hen OR nh hen OR rsl hybrid hen

ab roo over cd hen = easter egger offspring

about 80%+ chance of laying a bluish or greenish egg

laying more than 280 eggs in the first season

Last edited:
"Hyper" layer. Boy that sounds like an egg laying machine.
Fun how the best layer of the group is the white leghorn. Known as an excellent layer.
Take an excellent layer and cross in 3 more breeds that lay less and the offspring turn into Hyper layers.
Cross the white leghorns with a legbar. and you can get 100% blue egg layers that lay really well.

I need both the genes of araucana, especially the rumpless type, because they are deep green and of ccl.
I believe that I need both the queen of white eggs and the queen of brown eggs to participate because

white and green = turquoise
and
brown and blue = green

I want a super layer of turquoise eggs and a super layer of green eggs to create a hyper layer of greenish and blueish eggs.

I think I am right. Or?????? Hahahaha.

I think you're seeing things as being a lot simpler then they will be.
The more breeds you cross in the more variety of genes you bring in. The more you mix a bunch of genes together the less predictable the outcome will be.
And every generation will be less predictable unless you really know the genetics and how to breed for or away from certain genes.

I need both the genes of araucana, especially the rumpless type, because they are deep green and of ccl.
I believe that I need both the queen of white eggs and the queen of brown eggs to participate because

white and green = turquoise
and
brown and blue = green

I'm not a genetics expert, but I don't think that's quite how egg color works. If I understand right the eggs are either blue or white to begin with. Some chickens have the gene to put brown on eggs. Brown coating on white eggs is laid as a brown egg. Brown coating on blue eggs is laid as a green egg. So I don't believe your white and green = turquoise theory holds up. Perhaps someone with better understanding of egg color genetics can chime in.

Easter eggers are not a specific breed.
They are not a group of breeds.
They are a hybrid.

I am choosing to cross a ccl with a brown egger because it will give many many eggs and yes green eggs.

I have done this experiment of course and many friends of mine who sell easter eggers have done it.

It is not the best way to create a blueish or greenish egg colour.

It is the best way to create an egg laying machine that lays an amount of her eggs in easter egger colorations.

I crossed a geeno duke hybrid rooster I bought with columbine skyline hybrid hens I bought and I created this machine. And if I had the chance to have my own legbars I would do the experiment with red sex links as the d stock. I think it would work perfect.

Back
Top Bottom