Huskeriowa

Chirping
9 Years
Dec 19, 2010
Iowa
My Coop
My Coop
Hi,

I don't have any chickens of my own to show until March but I thought I would share a joke that went really wrong. I work in a construction company. Jokes can often be a little rough but its a good place to work. The owner of the company who is a friend of mine knows all about the chickens I have ordered. He asks questions and is very interested. Anyway.... somewhere along the way he thought it would be a good idea to get a chicken and put it in my office overnight. When I got to work this morning I could smell something really bad and when I opened the door I found a chicken standing in a poop covered cage looking at me.

Through the morning the owner of the company kept calling me and laughing about the joke he had played on me. I informed him that I couldn't work in that terrible smell so sadly I had to transfer the chicken to his office.

One of my coworkers went and got a bowl of water for the chicken so that it didn't get dehydrated. At that point I shut the door on the bird, went back to my office and tried to ignore the stench. While I was at my desk I kept hearing an odd sound coming from the room next door.... something like a ticking sound. It turns out that chickens don't like to have their water out of a bowl. It had turned over the bowl spilling water into its poop. The sound I heard was the chicken kicking its now soupy poop all over the papers on the desk and the wall of the office. Impressively enough the chicken managed to kick its poop up onto the ceiling as well.

The end of the story is that my friend learned a lesson about chickens and the chicken got a new home at the coop a friend of mine has.
74152_img00006-20110111-0840.jpg

Back
Top Bottom