A Letter to Beginners Regarding Emergencies and Illnesses

I don’t plan to buy the article at this time, and it’s super old, but it references Tasmanian native hens differentiating between different species of aerial predators.
http://www.publish.csiro.au/wr/CWR9720001
This is more of a duck than a chicken. I would love to have the equipment and the opportunity to investigate predator recognition more thoroughly.
If chickens can discriminate between predators then surely this must be learnt behavior.
Each country, area has different predators so it is hard to see how it could be genetic.
This is really important because it says yet more about chicken intelligence.

Kinda seems like the one I posted was based on the one you posted.:)
I think there is a limited supply of relevant studies and of course, the reluctance to make the investment needed for the research.
The links the author provides in the text can lead to further info. The problem is many of the papers are in university archives and getting access to them often requires membership.

I think there is a limited supply of relevant studies and of course, the reluctance to make the investment needed for the research.
The links the author provides in the text can lead to further info. The problem is many of the papers are in university archives and getting access to them often requires membership.

Yeah, I miss my college days and biotech days when I had access to whatever info I wanted. Not super interested in paying $35 per article as a member of the public.

Back
Top Bottom