A little bit of road rage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
But are they going the speed limit to begin with? If they are then I hate to say it, but your in the wrong. To pass someone that is already going the posted speed limit then you are breaking the law by speeding.

Just last year my husband and I had some idiot pull out in front of us while we were hauling over 200 bales of hay. We were going to speed limit and this guy just didn't want to wait for us to pass. My husband just missed hitting the guy and we left some pretty good skid marks. He flipped us off and proceeded to speed away when the light started flashing. The idiot didn't know that a cop was sitting on the other side and saw the entire thing.

yes often they are going the exact speed limit which is fine but do it in the right lane do not get up side another car and then both go the same super slow speed so that a trail of frustrated drivers are behind you, that causes more accidents than just staying in the right lane so that others may pass safely. Jay walking is illegal so is littering both I don't believe in but I do not force others strangers to comply I leave that for the cops. which is their job. All I am saying is if you are on the slower side stay in the proper lane and if not at least look in your rearview mirror and if you see 10-20 cars all lined up behind you too close to each other wanting to pass let them do so do not try to make a point by stubbornly staying in the fast lane (while going slow) just because you are doing the speed limit and they want to go above it and you riotously feel as though it is your job to force the speed on all behind you.

I admit I have a lead foot but I have not had an accident or even been close to having one in over 15 years I have however seen people cause accidents by creating unsafe environments like the one mentioned above. I also have not gotte a speeding ticket in over 8 years.

If I'm running the limit an I'm in the way of you speeding...... Tough cookies. The left lane is for the speed limit an the right lane is for slower. There is not a law to stay right. Unless you have a strobe light on ya I dont have a reason to move out of your way.

Frankly, if you feel you HAVE to haul butt? You need to rework your schedule planning.

As my DH says, "an emergency on YOUR part does not constitute a crisis on MY part!"

Quote:
But are they going the speed limit to begin with? If they are then I hate to say it, but your in the wrong. To pass someone that is already going the posted speed limit then you are breaking the law by speeding.

Just last year my husband and I had some idiot pull out in front of us while we were hauling over 200 bales of hay. We were going to speed limit and this guy just didn't want to wait for us to pass. My husband just missed hitting the guy and we left some pretty good skid marks. He flipped us off and proceeded to speed away when the light started flashing. The idiot didn't know that a cop was sitting on the other side and saw the entire thing.

yes often they are going the exact speed limit which is fine but do it in the right lane do not get up side another car and then both go the same super slow speed so that a trail of frustrated drivers are behind you, that causes more accidents than just staying in the right lane so that others may pass safely. Jay walking is illegal so is littering both I don't believe in but I do not force others strangers to comply I leave that for the cops. which is their job. All I am saying is if you are on the slower side stay in the proper lane and if not at least look in your rearview mirror and if you see 10-20 cars all lined up behind you too close to each other wanting to pass let them do so do not try to make a point by stubbornly staying in the fast lane (while going slow) just because you are doing the speed limit and they want to go above it and you riotously feel as though it is your job to force the speed on all behind you.

I admit I have a lead foot but I have not had an accident or even been close to having one in over 15 years I have however seen people cause accidents by creating unsafe environments like the one mentioned above. I also have not gotte a speeding ticket in over 8 years.

I take it your talking about the highway or a four lane road then. Agreed that the left lane is used for passing. I find here in CT, RI, and MA the ones that get in the left lane and go the speed limit are always on the phone and not paying attention to who is behind them.

Last edited:
Or they think they are in England or UK! My hubby sometimes would stay "stuck" on the left lane for miles until I say something to him "We are not in England so get over on the right lane!". That would put him right back in USA LOL!

Actually there are signs that say LEFT IS FOR PASSING so when people block the left so no one can pass they are actually in the wrong. I travel with the flow of traffic not with the one person who decides what the speed should be for all, I go with the majority not the minority when it comes to being on the road and judging my speed. That being said speed limits are a lot lower in my area than in others and the hospital is off one of them so I do not try to use my physic powers as to why someone has decide to travel faster than the law says or faster than I have decided to drive, instead I safely travel in the right lane when not passing or if I am in the left I move over to allow them to go by with out incident and this way they are past me and not a threat to my safety.

Quote:

I take it your talking about the highway or a four lane road then. Agreed that the left lane is used for passing. I find here in CT, RI, and MA the ones that get in the left lane and go the speed limit are always on the phone and not paying attention to who is behind them.

yes they usually are on the phone or chatting or over 80
th.gif

Quote:
Never seen a sign that said that in my life. I have seen them say slow moving vehicles keep right except to pass. The law says that anyone that cant maintain a reasonable speed should stay right. It does not say to stay right out of the way of people breaking the law. As for emergence, Ive drove "Emergency Traffic" more than most. There is no law to get out of the way of EMS in most states an they are only aloud to go 10MPH over the posted with all they driver training they get. If you are driving someone to the hospital an not calling EMS you are actually slowing medical treatment an endangering lives to do it. Unless you live next door to a hospital, an if you do then you wouldn't be on the Big road.

Quote:
Never seen a sign that said that in my life. I have seen them say slow moving vehicles keep right except to pass. The law says that anyone that cant maintain a reasonable speed should stay right. It does not say to stay right out of the way of people breaking the law. As for emergence, Ive drove "Emergency Traffic" more than most. There is no law to get out of the way of EMS in most states an they are only aloud to go 10MPH over the posted with all they driver training they get. If you are driving someone to the hospital an not calling EMS you are actually slowing medical treatment an endangering lives to do it. Unless you live next door to a hospital, an if you do then you wouldn't be on the Big road.

Maybe down South the highways are different when it comes to signage, but here in New England Ahappychick is right. There are signs that say Left lane for passing. Some even specify if there are three lanes of travel; right lane for slower traffic and exiting and entering highway, middle lane for travel, and left lane for passing. I also know that there is a max and min speed limit on the highways around here. Say the speed limit is 65 the min you can go on the highway is 55. If you are caught going under 55 you will be pulled over crazy isn't it.

What ever yalls signs say I bet the law reads the same. An everywhere has a minimum on the interstate system. Thats why its called the "Restricted" system. You have to maintain that to even be on that road. Its not unforced in the mountain regions though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom