A little bummed, I could use some congratulations from my BYC family!

edible_chicken

Songster
8 Years
May 15, 2011
Ohio
We found out the other day we are going to be parents! We are completely excited about it, even though it is totally unexpected. We were planning to start having kids in a year or two, but we are absolutely thrilled with having one sooner. My wife has some medical problems that may prevent her from getting pregnant and we were totally shocked, especially being on BC. We are so blessed that God gave us the chance so unexpectedly!

So today I called and told my family, and I got a surprising reaction. None of them seemed thrilled. Only person that sent their prayers and congratulated us was my sister-in-law. Rest of the conversations were awkward silences and they didn't say much. It kind of hurt me and it makes me wonder why this is the case. We are both married for two years and been together for six years, she is 24 and i am 29. we have a wonderful marriage and we are best friends. i just dont know....so little words of encouragement and congratulating from my BYC would totally uplift me!

Congratulations. The same thing happened to the Princess and me with our first child. We had been married for 6 months and had planned on starting our family immediately. My Dad said, "Thought you were smarter than that". Her mother said, "I'm too young to be a grandmother." The Princess cried and I said, "Fine, neither of you get to hold the child." It all worked out and they were delighted. I've given up trying to undrstand why people act the way that they do.
old.gif
Enjoy this phase of your life and don't allow others to put a damper on your joy.

CONGRATULATIONS!
bun.gif
wee.gif
bun.gif

I can't say for sure, but I think that maybe since the blessing is unexpected, your family wasn't sure how to react. They will get just as excited as you before long, and the people who were the most unsure will want to snuggle your kid the most :)

Hope you guys have a wonderful and healthy pregnancy!

Congrats!!! Im excited for you both! My first is due May 9th and she was un planned and I was on birth control to but my family was a bit happier than yours. Im sure you will get all the support you need here on BYC.

Congratulations! What wonderful news!
woot.gif

My dad has long said, "Sometimes, when you set out to surprise someone, it's you who wind up being surprised." I'm sorry that what is a welcome surprise for you, hasn't been greeted with much enthusiasm by your loved ones. They probably need a little time to digest the news. Hugs for you and your wife.
hugs.gif

Congratulations. That's absolutely fantastic news. :hugs All the best for the next year or so and beyond!!

Congratulations, this baby is a gift from the Lord so praise God! Currently, some relatives of mine are having babies also, and I'm now doubly excited for you and them. :)

Back
Top Bottom