A little humor from Missouri Farmer

Gus

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 18, 2008
Warrensburg, MO
Well, I caught the chickens trying to cheat the turkeys in a poker game last night. Worst part wasn’t the cheating, they were smoking my cigars. It was a surreal scene, almost like the velvet poker dogs superimposed on the chicken house. They were charging double for the clean bottled water and using wheat and whole/cracked corn as their betting chips. What some of these birds will do for a little extra scratch!

The cute little RI Red hen looked like she was winning and the baby chicks were strutting around under the table looking for dropped seed. The rooster was crowing when-ever they got a good hand.

I knew something was up because I heard a lot of clucking and crowing from the chicken house and the pigs where standing on the cows backs, trying to peer into the windows. Figured nothing is worse than a bunch of peeping pigs. Jenny, the donkey, seemed disgusted with it all. I figured they waited until after dark, when the geese where in bed. The geese are usually the ones who tattle on the happenings at the farm, they are like the police, just trying to restore order and getting no respect.

When Rose and I went to feed them yesterday afternoon, it seemed awful quiet. I suppose that was when they were planning the great game. Never trust a chicken.

Hope all is great with you guys

yuckyuck.gif

lau.gif

Welcome to BYC!

Luv my chicks forever.... i have family in warrenton, mo. Wouldn't it be funny if you was one of them. lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom