A Little Spalding History

Choctaw Valley Farm

Songster
10 Years
Jan 16, 2010
Oklahoma
For the one's that didn't know.

The name "Spalding" was given to this variety due to Mrs. Keith Spalding, who was the first person to mate together the two peafowl species (Java) Muticus and (India Blue) Cristatus.

See you learn something new everyday.

Thanks CVF, knew that already, but good for those that didnt...
I hope to work with/create very high % spalding reverse pied one day.... just dont have the facilities at the moment
smile.png
soon though...
wink.png

ZACH '96 :

Thanks CVF, knew that already, but good for those that didnt...
I hope to work with/create very high % spalding reverse pied one day.... just dont have the facilities at the moment
smile.png
soon though...
wink.png

Here in the states, we don't call any bird reverse pied, that a name given to some birds from down under. Which is from a guy that makes up his own breed........there is a pied and silver pied..........NO REVERSE PIEDS​

I think ZACK'96 is from Down Under, I have talked with others from there and they told me that the Reverse Pied is the samething as our so called Loud Pied. But you do need to give him credit he did call it a SPALDING PIED and not a JAVA PIED like someone we kinda know
lol.png

Yeah youve got me pegged guys, im an Ozzie
lol.png

Yes we all know him here too, funny as when you look at it... but then you think about the bigger picture and he may be leading newbies astray with his lies... he didnt even breed the bird!!! he purchased it from someone very highly respected in the world of 'Australian Peafowl'... who told him it was a Hybrid (Spalding) when he bought it...

As for the tital REVERSE PIED, it seem to be pretty touchie between Ozzies and Americans... but the reality is that we really dont have access to the amount of colours and pattern you have over there... the same breeder that sold 'him' the SPALDING PIED, has spent 40 years breeding the pied birds with the most white on them together, the result being something along the lines of you Loud Pied that is correct
wink.png
They are very highly sought after down here
smile.png

Zach no biggie really.....heck i know what Ozzie call JELLO and what we jello is not the same. Reverse pied not a problem, not like a java pied, as we all know there are none. Wish we could send you some of our new colors, i did ship some train feather in most of the new colors there.

Good the we are good
smile.png

We call it JELLY
lol.png

'They' say it will be about 10-15 years before we can import live birds into Australia, but Im willing to wait... and if you are still in the peafowl game then i will give you a call... and by the sounds of crossover, there will be many more colours by the time i can import
lol.png

Was it a man or a woman you shipped the eggs to? As i think i have an idea as to who it might be.... could you PM me the name?

Thanks
cool.png

Zach

I was in the military and spent a week in the Northern Territory (Darwin). I really enjoyed it! It was funny, they gave us a briefing before we went over. Part of the briefing was to tell us some words and phrases to aviod because the meaning there is much different than it is here. I really wish I could have seen more of the area, just had limited time away from work. My husband was able to see more and has some really neat pictures.

Yeah its a great country, wouldnt want to live anywhere else... I feel very lucky... just wish we had more peafowl colours
lol.png

What were some of the phrases to aviod? If you dont mind me asking...
lol.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom