A Look At My Flock: Pic Heavy !!!!

Dixiedoodle asks:
HOW on earth are we newbies, ever to decide what we NEED???

Dixie, I some how think without your knowing it that you have already answered your own question. You need chickens! Just that plain and simple. What kind? Any kind you want. What color? Any color you want? How many? As many as you can get your hands on.
jumpy.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif

Hey, treat this like a buffet line. Don't limit yourself to variety. Live a little.
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif

Yea, but I can only have 12 hens and a roo (the coop size dictates this). I already "NEED" RIR, BR, Ameraucana, Marans, NHReds, Sussex, NOW this!!!!!
barnie.gif
and I am a nut
frow.gif
for the number 3
lau.gif
-which means I have to have three of each breed!! So, if you do the math--that means I can only have 4 breeds-- Then I have to decide what breed of roo I want to go with them---to many things to decide on...
he.gif
wee.gif

Yogi - not only did I finally get to see all those wonderful chickens, and the grass was really nice but being in Mississippi I have grass. What I really had my eyes on was that garden in the background.

You know my freezer is empty - right.

Great pics and what a wonderful place for your birds to roam.

Thanks to everyone of you for your sincere compliments. I do so much enjoy my flock regardless of the time and work involved. To have this many birds and keep them fit and healthy requires far more effort than one might think.
I've been working like a little John Deer tractor for the past month daily building brooders, coops and yards for them and I have only just begun. Now for the breeding pens to accomodate my new found breeding program. Some hobby, hugh?

Back
Top Bottom