A mallard-derived sister for Daphne?

Pics
I think you just think she is a he because you've always thought that. :p
There will always be one duck more dominant that the other. My girls don't mount one another, but they have a drake. One duck hen is very bossy and is always grabbing the other by the neck though.
Well, if your not confident - spring should definitely tell you unless you have a female that doesn't lay eggs. :lol: It's been known to happen. :confused:
Seriously though by now there would be major differences in size.

Do you remember how old he was when he started hissing? Goon 1 still trills, but really only in response to Goon 2 (who never stops trilling). No hissing from either. Goon 1 did do a closed-beak snort once when my cat got out and startled him. :idunno
I would say around 3 or 4 months. I know it was after we moved them out of the brooder. My girls barely make any noise. They do, but the drake is very vocal. My drake comes to greet me before any of the girls. He has a lot of character. He hisses or whisper quacks at me constantly.

Do you remember how old he was when he started hissing? Goon 1 still trills, but really only in response to Goon 2 (who never stops trilling). No hissing from either. Goon 1 did do a closed-beak snort once when my cat got out and startled him. :idunno
Oh yeah, they can honk like a goose too. :D When the one gets pinched, she honks and runs away.

Testing...

Brief video from 2 weeks ago after the first snow. Daphne gets the most camera time, but you can briefly see how he/she moves and hear all the trilling (when Daphne’s quack isn’t drowning them out).

Back
Top Bottom