A mouse in the house

Doodadman

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 20, 2009
I fought the mice and the mice are winning. But I am going to put out some glue traps at night. Do I feed the mice to the ladies?

not with glue on them. you would have to chop off their little mousy feet.
sickbyc.gif

those live mouse traps work great - you can catch several at once, and then you can give them to the girls. or you can release, but I really don't think the survival rate of released critters is all that great.

over time, the live trap is so much cheaper as you can re=use and re=use. also, the glue traps are kind of creepy when the mice chew off their feet, or break their limbs in a futile effort to escape.

just don't forget to check the livetrap trap every day or so, or you'll also find gruesome sights.

Last edited:
I pride myself on being a strong independent woman who is not afraid of much, but show me a mouse in my house and I become a blob of quivering jelly. They don't bother me anywhere else, but when they get in my house I lose it.

If you use a live trap I wouldn't release them, they will simply find their way back in. I'd give them swimming lessons, or put it in front of your car exhaust.

I use the plain old snap traps, the OLD style not the stupid new plastic ones I can't keep set. I have used new ones as a "keep off the counter and table" trainer; set trigger and very carefully set on surface upside down - snaps jumps and clatters but cat or dog don't get pinched.

I always feel so bad when a mouse gets in my house..i see my one mouser cat (i have 6, but only 1 is earning his keep!) i feel bad when i see him chasing the little guys! (they're so tiny and scared and shivering AND they squeal when he catches them..
sad.png
..) So then we get in a squabble over who gets the mouse.. I let him catch them..(because i cant..
lol.png
..) then i grab him and try to take his mouse away from him... I literally have to pry his mouth open to get that mouse!.. (so, i'm holding a ticked off cat and a scared biting mouse....just picture it..).so i can release it outside..
roll.png
..he gets SO mad at me when i take it away! He even growls and swats at me..
hide.gif

Last edited:
Somewhere else in here I read a tip from an exterminator guy. He said tie a short bit of string to the bait bar and dip it in anchovy paste. That way they always trigger it. I think he said keep the string end about an inch or shorter, and you will hit every time. I have not tried it. I should I got a couple mice in the kitchen. I tried glue traps and got two, then the others smartened up. I have snap traps, just haven't gotten the anchovy paste yet.

Back
Top Bottom