A new Hobby Soap making Love it

Kassandra that is a intersting color. I would like to see it cut. I forgot to put in FO one time but remembered before I swirled so I added to colored soap and did it like that. It still smelled good even if the swirl was all that had FO
hu.gif

I had an inthe pot swirl done with black oxide and pink ultramarine oxide and was actually almost all the way done pouring into my mold so I poured back into pot added fragrance and remixed. The scent was twilight woods so was going for a woods at dark color theme. Now it's just charcoal gray with light pink swirls. Still pretty. I think inside will just be a solid charcoal grey color

A syndet is a synthetic detergent bar. My hair just can't take the high ph of cp, but I have really thick, wavy hair while Dh has fine, very straight shoulder length and does very well with it. I will use on my hair every now and then, before I shampoo with my syndet bar if I am really oily like after camping.

The streaks look like soap that didn't get mixed in all the way with your fragrance. It could be from not scraping the sides as you mixed and scraping them out when you poured it.

That tornado is wicked. Stay safe!

I think you grey/pink is very pretty! Like the textured tops.

Pics of my soaps so far.
Left Oatmeal, milk, & honey with crushed oatmeal; right chamomille and neroli with crushed chamomille. First attempt at ITP swirl
57451_img_0918.jpg

This was supposed to be a gray and pink swirl for twilight woods scent, but I messed up so it was gonna be just grey with pink swirl on top, pink isnt very dark, but more pink than you can tell in the pic. And a little ash which I read is common when using black oxide. Its hard to tell but it turned almost a deep eggplant-y purple
57451_img_0916.jpg

57451_img_0917.jpg

You did a good job with your honeycomb look. Did you add green color to your chamomille?
I bet you wont forget the FO ever again.
gig.gif
That sounds like something I would do and then your having to move kind of quick at this point. Thanks for sharing. Bet you come up with all kinds of creative ideas. I am wanting to make soap so bad but right now with in and out traffic on the bathroom redmodel I can't have to much stuff drug out to get anymore in the mix. I may do a quick batch with some kind of color so I can try the soap balls though.

Thanks so much!! Yes. I used green chrome oxide pigment. It turned out ok. Not as green as I would have like but then it does make it more subtle like it is too!

No I will probably never make that mistake again. Even reading how many people have done it on other threads I still can't believe I did it so earlier in my soap "career" but oh well! Ha.

Your bathroom will be awesome!! I want a tub like that so bad. We used to have one when I was a kid and I loved it!! It'll be over before you know it!!

Back
Top Bottom