A New Life ~RP~

Duke stared at Austin with big puppy-dog eyes that seemed to say Why don't you trust me? before Skylar sighed and tugged him back to his seat. "You're gonna have to live with him finding a way to stare at you for the rest of this bus ride," she said, managing a tight smile.

Austin tried to smile but it came out more like a grimace. "I'm so sorry. I don't know what... He just reminds me of a dog I once knew." She silently chastised herself for revealing even that small amount about herself. You're pathetic, she thought to herself. You're letting this dog get the best of you. But she couldn't help it, not after the dog had reawakened the memories Austin thought she had forgotten. "What's his name?" she asked. 
"Duke," she said. "Pretty creative name, eh?" Skylar cracked a lopsided smile, patting the dog on the head. "I got him from a shelter."

Skylar furrowed her eyebrows. "Yes, that's his name. What's wrong?"

"I'm so sorry. This must be so weird for you... maybe someday I'll tell you ..." Austin looked as if she was about to cry.
Skylar turned around and kneeled in her seat, locking eyes with Austin. "I ain't gonna force you," she said, "but I just wanna let you know that you can tell me."

"It's not that I don't trust you, it's just that I don't really share this with people." she said. "But thank you for understanding." The tone of her last sentence clearly showed that the conversation was over. Austin was exhausted. She wrapped her comforter around herself so she looked like a cocoon, and drifted off into what would hopefully be a dreamless sleep.

"It's not that I don't trust you, it's just that I don't really share this with people." she said. "But thank you for understanding." The tone of her last sentence clearly showed that the conversation was over. Austin was exhausted. She wrapped her comforter around herself so she looked like a cocoon, and drifted off into what would hopefully be a dreamless sleep.
"Well, if you ever want to share, I'll be here," Skylar stated, and turned around in her seat. She would get to this girl... Skylar was not one for giving up.

Back
Top Bottom