A New Life ~RP~

Skylar had turned her attention back to her book, when her gaze was forced to settle on Austin, due to some extreme curiosity. Duke stood up on the seat, his massive form pushing Skylar and Max towards the edge. The big gray-and-black dog stuck out his snout to give Austin a big, slobbery kiss on the cheek.

Austin's eyes widened and she backed away from the dog, terror and shock evident on her face. She locked eyes with Skylar, who had been staring at her she noted, then looked back at the dog. She studied it cautiously for what seemed like forever, and then relaxed a bit. She slid all the way back into her seat and slumped her shoulders, wrapping her ratty black comforter around her tightly with her head hanging. "Sorry," she said. "It was nothing. I just thought..." she trailed off.

Austin's eyes widened and she backed away from the dog, terror and shock evident on her face. She locked eyes with Skylar, who had been staring at her she noted, then looked back at the dog. She studied it cautiously for what seemed like forever, and then relaxed a bit. She slid all the way back into her seat and slumped her shoulders, wrapping her ratty black comforter around her tightly with her head hanging. "Sorry," she said. "It was nothing. I just thought..." she trailed off.
Diana snuggled with Dawn, watching the other teens on the bus

Skylar had turned her attention back to her book, when her gaze was forced to settle on Austin, due to some extreme curiosity. Duke stood up on the seat, his massive form pushing Skylar and Max towards the edge. The big gray-and-black dog stuck out his snout to give Austin a big, slobbery kiss on the cheek.

"Thought what?" Skylar inquired, cocking her head in curiosity. "Don't worry about Duke, hear? He's a big softie. Would never hurt a fly."

"It's nothing," Austin repeated. She seemed worn out, but somehow managed to pull off a strained smile. It was easy to tell that there was something beneath the surface that Austin wasn't sharing,and that she had no intention off doing so.

((Night!))

Skylar raised her eyebrows, but didn't question. This persistent teenager would find out; her curiosity wouldn't allow this to pass by. For now, she settled back in her seat, pulling her purple blanket around her. As she began to read her book, she quickly found out that her mind kept wandering.
Duke stared at Austin with his trademark puppy-dog eyes, before his owner got him to lay down with the tempting smell of a puppy treat.
Max snorted, shook his head rapidly, and settled back into his nest of blankets.

Last edited:
Austin eyed the dog, her eyes empty. She remembered. The memories flashed through her mind in vivid detail. She wanted to cry out, for it seemed like she was back, back in that nightmare. But she did not. She held it in; she didn't want to alert the other passengers to the hell that she thought she had buried deep within the recesses of her mind. The dog had reawakened it, and so she tore her eyes away before it got to..... she shivered.

((I have to go for the night, we shall continue this tomorrow
smile.png
))

Austin had dozed off, but her dreams had turned to nightmares, as they do every night. She woke with a cry, sounding like a pitiful animal. She sank back into her seat, disgusted with herself, wishing it would absorb her into its cold unfeeling plastic. She looked up to notice that Skylar had been watching her again and quickly averted her eyes. They fell upon the dog. Austin shivered.

Duke stared at Austin with big puppy-dog eyes that seemed to say Why don't you trust me? before Skylar sighed and tugged him back to his seat. "You're gonna have to live with him finding a way to stare at you for the rest of this bus ride," she said, managing a tight smile.

Duke stared at Austin with big puppy-dog eyes that seemed to say Why don't you trust me? before Skylar sighed and tugged him back to his seat. "You're gonna have to live with him finding a way to stare at you for the rest of this bus ride," she said, managing a tight smile.

Austin tried to smile but it came out more like a grimace. "I'm so sorry. I don't know what... He just reminds me of a dog I once knew." She silently chastised herself for revealing even that small amount about herself. You're pathetic, she thought to herself. You're letting this dog get the best of you. But she couldn't help it, not after the dog had reawakened the memories Austin thought she had forgotten. "What's his name?" she asked.

Back
Top Bottom