1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

A noise concerns for chicks...Pics of chicks!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Chicks Galore3, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Basement

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Room next to

10 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Chicks Galore3

Chicks Galore3 Artistic Bird Nut Premium Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Iowa
    Clare...Good thing i don't have terriers then. [​IMG]

CHICKS WILL BE COMING IN SIX DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. ClareScifi

ClareScifi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    That is so exciting, ChicksGalore3! Be sure and post lots of photos of them!

3. Chicks Galore3

Dec 16, 2011
    Iowa
    don't worry! i'll be posting so many BYC will be overloading! [​IMG] I am so excited, yet I am worried, do i have everything ready? will it be hot enough? Will they like me? ect....[​IMG]

4. Lynzi777

Lynzi777 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2012
    Woodstock, CT
    For those that keep their chicks in brooders inside their home, are the chicks noisy at night? Like enough to keep you from sleeping? Or do they actually sleep at night? Just asking because once I order chicks for June, I was planning on keeping them in a brooder with a heat lamp in our shed. But if they are quiet at night maybe I will consider keeping inside the house.

5. This_chicks_place

This_chicks_place Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2011
    Upstate NY
    They can be noisy at times, but like a baby they will choose when to sleep and when to be awake at all hours of the night! I live an hour south of you and if you are getting them in June they will be fine out in the shed. They can kick up the dust and stink after they have been in the house for a week or two!

1 person likes this.
  6. Albanese07

Albanese07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2012
    Florida
    Mine never stink and are really quiet. I change the pine shavings once a week. They live in a 10 gallon tank on my kitchen bar. I only have 2 though! That may be why!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  7. Lynzi777

Mar 26, 2012
    Woodstock, CT
    Well thats why I asked - I have a 10 gal tank with a perfect top to a heat lamp to rest, all I would have to buy is the feed/water supplies. If I start off with 3 and brood them in there, I would do it sooner rather than in June and keep them inside with me.

8. Albanese07

Albanese07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2012
    Florida
    That sounds perfect! Check out my pics of mine on my profile. 3 would be fine in there til about 6 weeks til ready to go in the coop! :)

9. Lynzi777

Mar 26, 2012
    Woodstock, CT
    Oh wow, that would be perfect! My husband and I were just talking about Easter and possibly doing an egg hunt with the kids. If I can I'd like to do some sort of egg hunt and leave a chick near the eggs in the yard if it's not too cold of course. The problem would be keeping it confined in something small enough for the chick to be ok in, but not too big to where it sticks out like a sore thumb in the yard to the kids' eyes. Hmmm....Now I'm really getting an itch to get some LOL

10. Chicks Galore3

Dec 16, 2011
    Iowa
    now......CHICKS WILL BE COMING IN FIVE DAYS!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by