A once in a lifetime oppurtunity. Should I take it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple answer - NO.
You gotta pick your battles - and your gifts. Ever heard of the Trojan Horse?

Last edited:
Yes I have heard of that horse....I am not sure what you are getting at though.
tongue.png

Someone has probably already said it but: You have to study under a liscenced falconer for a few years before you can ever dream of getting a liscence. Tell your dads friend to contact the fish and wildlife servoce before he is caught with that bird. He could get arrested.

You are a minor, right? My bet is that the guy got this falcon by whatever means and now can't do anything with it...... hoping if you take it and were to get busted, they'd take it easier on you because you're a minor.... which they won't, they'd just go after your parents.

At least, that's MY conspiracy theory!
lol.png

Last edited:
Quote:
It means not every gift is what it seems. Some of them are more trouble than they're worth.

Last edited:
ticks, if you really want to do it. YOU need to call and ask Fish & Wildlife YOURSELF. I wouldn't trust your dad's friend saying that he called Fish&Wildlife.

Falconry is a HUGE responsibility. Believe me I looked into it because I thought it was something I would like. You have to get the permits and licenses. You have to have the correct equipment and you have to have pens and flight cages that fit code. If I remember correctly, these cages have to be INSPECTED and APROVED.

Taking in a baby raptor is a HUGE no-no. I wouldn't do it ticks. As cool and fun as it sounds, I know it is extremely tempting, but I wouldn't do it.

If you are hell-bent on doing it, do it right. Get your licenses and permits and your inspected and approved pens.

It is NOT a once in a lifetime opportunity. Anyone can have this opportunity at any time, if they can obtain the permits and equipment.

I, myself, am waiting to do this later in my life. I cannot afford it nor do I have the time or facilities right now. It truly is NOT a once in a lifetime opportunity, don't think of it that way.

-Kim

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom